Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk experts please help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk experts please help Post 302756873 by mirwasim on Wednesday 16th of January 2013 03:52:06 PM
Old 01-16-2013
---------- Post updated at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:17 AM ----------

And
Code:
 #! /bin/sh or #! /bin/ksh

will work for it?

---------- Post updated at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:19 AM ----------

Below error I am getting
Code:
in

Code:
#! /bin/ksh
awk '/PIN_FLD_UNIQUE_ID/ {
 uid=$NF;gsub(/"/,"",uid);
 print uid,dt,dt,per;
} /PIN_FLD_PERCENT/ {
 per=$NF;
} /UnknownProgramName/ {
 dt=sprintf("%s %s",$2,$3);
 gsub(/\..*/,"",dt);
}' OFS=, $1 | awk '!a[$0]++'

Last edited by mirwasim; 01-17-2013 at 03:41 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help - from awk, sed experts

Hi , I have a file as below. Contents of the file are -------------------- aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbb ccccccccccc ddddddddddd aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbb (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srini75
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for Advice from Experts

Where to start... I am a system administrator who didn't think he would ever be one. My first work was on Window 2000 as a tech(hardware, installs, stuff like that). Then we got Macs (I work in photography and Videography). The I was sent to Mac cert school. Set up a Mac Xserve and about 100... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Squidy P
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Experts - Need your help

Hi All, I am using ingres in perl select count(*) rec from user_tables where table_name = 'abc'; I want to use the alias variable 'rec' and check the value if >0 insert values else create table. How can I do this without using hash variables in perl. Kindly help me in this regard. Much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthickrn
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Experts !!! Please advise

Hi, I work on sun Solaris. Am hosting few web services on my server which are accessed over the internet. Now to check whether the web service is responding or not, i first have to log in to the web service URL. If it doesn't respond there, i come back to my server box and restart the service... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sting672744
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

for experts

Hi i'm working with mpi programs every thing ok but i need after i compile the mpi to calc the area of the rectangle for example (not my program) accept two arguments from the command line: mpirun -n 4 myprog 24 100 here 24 and 100 two arguments i'll pass them to the program how can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scotch
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk question for experts

Hi guys I am trying to perform a substitution using 'awk' command, but it fails. I work in ksh. Here is my code: $ line="F 18:30 10 23:00 ts1632back" $ n="ts1632back" $ m="18:45" $ echo ${line} | nawk -v a=$n -v b=$m '{if ($5==a) $2=m; print }' F 10 23:00 ts1632back $It should've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Experts!! please help me

Hi experts, Please help me on the below: how to write a shell script to search and delete files on windows server. -script runs on unix box -it should search for specific files on windows server and delete them periodically. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chpradeepch
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Couple of easy questions for experts on awk/sed

Hello Experts.. I have 3-4 C codes with Oracle SQL statements embedded. All the SQL statements starts with EXEC SQL keyword and ends with ;. I want to extract all the SQL statements out of these codes. I did awk '/^EXEC SQL/,/\;/' inputFile (I use this on all of the codes individually). That... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To all the awk experts out there!

Hello All, I recently encountered this difficulty in processing a File. Input File has millions of records with fields like below ID1,ID2,DATE,FLAG,VAL 123,432,0604,1,-0.5 123,432,0604,22,0.5 123,433,0604,1,-0.54 123,433,0604,22,6.77 123,543,0605,22,0.94 To put this simply, I will have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
8 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)