Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help in separating a multilingual file Post 302756399 by Syed Imran on Tuesday 15th of January 2013 10:45:50 PM
Old 01-15-2013
can u pls explain this line??

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating values from a file and putting to a variable

I am writing into a file testfile.txt values like ./XXXXXXCZ1/tprcm10c.bin ./XXXXXXCZ1_HOT/tprcm09c.bin ./XXXXXXCZ_cold/tprcm05c.bin I want to store the values of tprcm*.bin and XXXXXXCZ* in separate variables Can anybody Pls hlp me out with this ... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging files into a single tab delimited file with a space separating

I have a folder that contains say 50 files in a sequential order: cdf_1.txt cdf_2.txt cdf_3.txt cdf_3.txt . . . cdf_50.txt. I need to merge these files in the same order into a single tab delimited file. I used the following shell script: for x in {1..50}; do cat cdf_${x}.txt >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating delimited file by pattern with exclusion list

I have a file with the contents below jan_t=jan;feb_t=feb;mar_t=mar;year=2010 jan_t=null;feb_t=feb;mar_t=mar;year=2010 jan_t=jan;feb_t=feb;mar_t=mar;year=2010 I want to extract out all the fields values ending with "_t" , however, i want to exclude feb_t and mar_t from the results In... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alienated
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating list of input files (*.file) with a comma in bash script

Hi all, I'm trying to get a bash script working for a program (bowtie) which takes a list of input files (*.fastq) and assembles them to an output file (outfile.sam). All the .fastq files are in one folder in my home directory (~/infiles). The problem is that the 'bowtie' requires that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TuAd
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help separating a file

Hi all, I have a single text file, Contig3.fasta, that looks like this: >NAME1 ACCTGGTA >NAME2 GGTTGGACA >NAME3 ATTTTGGGCCAnd It has about 100 items like this in it. What I would like to do is copy each item into 100 different text files, and have them named a certain way Output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: repiv
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK separating a file into an array

Is there a way to have awk put successive records into an array in a bash script? I have files that say things like name :title :salary Bob :Instructor :30,000 Joyce :Instructor :30,000 Patrick :Manager :40,000 What I want to do is seperate this file into an array so that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tgidzak
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help separating file lines into three classes

Hi folks, What I have are config files with lines that: are blank, start with a "!" or start with char's(or a blank space and then char's) I am using ksh I can display each line by doing: for INDEX in {0..$LENGTH} do echo "${data}" done What I need to do requires I can... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc G
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of multilingual files

hi, I have in a directory a big number of files and their translation in other languages. A typical name of a file is xx_xxxx_EN.html and its translation xx_xxxx_IT.html . I want to extract a 2 column txt file with the names of the files. For example for the english - italian language pair:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: corfuitl
6 Replies
PLS(1)							   http://synce.sourceforge.net/						    PLS(1)

NAME
pls - list directory contents SYNOPSIS
pls [-a] [-R] [-d LEVEL] [-p DEVNAME] [-h] [DIRECTORY] DESCRIPTION
pls list the contents of a directory on a device connected through SynCE. Forward slashes ('/') on the command line are converted to backward slashes (''). File attributes A Archive C Compressed D Directory H Hidden I In ROM M ROM module (can only be executed, not read!) N Normal R Read-only S System T Temporary OPTIONS
-d LEVEL Set debug log level: 0 - No logging (default) 1 - Errors only 2 - Errors and warnings 3 - Everything -p DEVNAME Use the device with the given name, instead of the default. -a Show all files including those marked as hidden. -R Recursively list subdirectories. -h Display help message. DIRECTORY The full path name to the directory. Wild cards are allowed, but only for the trailing part of the path, and should be protected from the shell. If this parameter is relative, it is assumed to be relative to the "My Documents" folder. Similarly, if this parame- ter is omitted, the contents of the "My Documents" folder is listed. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by David Eriksson <twogood@users.sourceforge.net>. SEE ALSO
synce(1) pcp(1) pls(1) prm(1) pmkdir(1) prmdir(1) The SynCE project November 2002 PLS(1)