Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bash - OR within an IF statement Post 302756357 by jlliagre on Tuesday 15th of January 2013 05:20:05 PM
Old 01-15-2013
Your test can't be but true, use an AND, not an OR:

Code:
if [[ $USER != "admin1"  &&  $USER != "admin2" ]]; then

This User Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: evaluating $? variable (if statement)

Hello, i'm unable to write a correct if... statement to evaluate the $? variable. Could anybody send to me an example? for example, this lines of code didn't work... if ; then etc etc if ; then etc etc Thank you in advanced. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aristegui
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compound Bash if then statement question

I am writing a Bash script that will either clone a database or setup a standby database. So Parameter 2 will be the operation type. If the value is not clone or standby I want to throw an error message. I suppose I can also do a case block. So far i have been unable to get the syntax working... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conditional statement in bash

I want to combine 2 conditional statements by using -o in bash, but it won't work. if ; then echo "The number needs to be between 0 and $nr" fi Each time i execute the file it says: ./selectCitaat: line 10: syntax error near unexpected token `$1' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doc.arne
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using bash case statement

I have the following bash script and it is not accepting the lines "--"|"--""-") "--""-"") while do echo "Current Argument is ${1}" case "$1" in "--"|"--""-") echo "Argument is ${1}" shift # Skip ahead one to the next argument. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash if statement help needed

Hi I need a script with an if statement that goes. I need it to search through all files within a directory with the extension .test if it finds the string '71502FSC1206' then do sed 's/71502FSC1206/\n&/g' > send.test If it finds the string '715MCH' or '715JAC' then I need it to move the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH - case statement

Hi Gurus, I have the below BASH code which does not works for upper case alphabets except Z (upper case Z). What may be the reason. Also escape sequences like \n, \t, \b, \033(1m \033(0m (For bold letter) are not working. case $var in ) echo "Lower case alphabet" ;; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: GaneshAnanth
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Nesting if statement in for loop

I have the basic command written in bash for element in 1 2 do if ]; then set el = "t" else set el = "p" fi done but i get the following error syntax error near unexpected token `for' ` for element in 1 2' What should i do differently? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] If statement in bash

I have the following code in bash, however "set red frmt" is not displayed. echo "iarg_rd = $iarg_rd" iarg_rd="2" if ; then echo "Hello World" fi if ; then frmt="${gap}${!frmt_titl_yl}" elif ; then frmt="${gap}${!frmt_titl_bk}" elif ; then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash statement equivalent

Hi all, i need a equivalent for the statement i run in bash, so it would also run in other shells. Specially i need it for ksh to run on AIX. Here the statements: exec > >(tee -a $log) exec 2> >(tee -a $log >&2) Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kosak
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH Grouping tests in IF statement

Ok I got the following to work by removing the parentheses arount $year and it works. Can a kind soul please explain this behavior. Also, to my topic question, am I using curly braces correctly in the IF statement? The intent is to check for a leap year. If the year is divisible by 400 then no need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riker1204
6 Replies
DROP 
USER(7) SQL Commands DROP USER(7) NAME
DROP USER - remove a database user account SYNOPSIS
DROP USER name DESCRIPTION
DROP USER removes the specified user from the database. It does not remove tables, views, or other objects owned by the user. If the user owns any database, an error is raised. PARAMETERS name The name of an existing user. DIAGNOSTICS
DROP USER The message returned if the user is successfully deleted. ERROR: DROP USER: user "name" does not exist This message occurs if the user name is not found. DROP USER: user "name" owns database "name", cannot be removed You must drop the database first or change its ownership. NOTES
Use CREATE USER [create_user(7)] to add new users, and ALTER USER [alter_user(7)] to change a user's attributes. PostgreSQL includes a program dropuser [dropuser(1)] that has the same functionality as this command (in fact, it calls this command) but can be run from the command shell. EXAMPLES
To drop a user account: DROP USER jonathan; COMPATIBILITY
The DROP USER statement is a PostgreSQL extension. The SQL standard leaves the definition of users to the implementation. SEE ALSO
CREATE USER [create_user(7)], ALTER USER [alter_user(l)], dropuser(1) SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 DROP USER(7)