Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX mail and wrapping
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX mail and wrapping Post 302756305 by Yoda on Tuesday 15th of January 2013 03:02:48 PM
Old 01-15-2013
Can you double check if your email client is wrapping texts after 80 chars?

I'm not familiar with progress character program, another option is to convert your file into HTML and specify the line breaks <br> thus avoiding the wrapping issue.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am not able to send mail form unix to other mail accounts.

Using Mailx command i.e mailx -s "subject" chinni@hotmail.com < \tmp\chin this command executed sucessfully but not able to receive the mail in chinni@hotmail.com please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinnigd
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping ksh script

Hi folks, We want to protect our ksh scripts from our customers.We don't want to let them the option to viewor modify the scripts. Is there a way ro wrap a ksh script? Thanks in advance, Nir (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatic word wrapping

Hallo, I want to have this Output: Name Street Phone Mail Favorite_thing_o f_what_ever_you_ want Jak street1 0123 jak@test blue egs .com O'Neill street2 4567 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wiseguy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail attachment with unix mail

Hi Could someone help me with the details on how to send an attachment through mail in unix. I have an html file in my unix machine and I want this to be send to some mail id, plese help with the steps. Regards Ajay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarboyana
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix mail to personal mail, Strange behavour

Hi. I am running a script on solaris 10 and mailing it to my personal email. the script is ran as user xxx, And i have edited the crontab for user xxx to run the script and mail it to my email account. /network_check.sh | /usr/bin/mailx -s "Network Test" k454@hotmail.com the sript... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: k00061804
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty and wrapping on SunOS 5.9

I am very frustrated with this. I've added the following into my .profile and .bashrc: #this one makes sure that long commands strings line wrap to the next line && return #instead of wrapping onto the start of the same line. shopt -s checkwinsize However, it just never works for me.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to relay mail to mail server from Unix ?

Hi, I need to send email notifications from Unix/Linux box to users using mailx. In these Unix/Linux boxes mail is not configured however we are having mail server configured in our LAN. Could you please provide instructions to configure relay in these boxes so that we can relay our mails... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sourabhsharma
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SELECT and wrapping to next column

Hi all, Am trying to write a menu driven script using SELECT and if I have more than 4 options, it wraps to the next column. That is if I have 6 choices, items 5 and 6 are in the second column. Is there any settings that control this behavior or is it due to some stty settings? stty -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies
html2stx(1)						      General Commands Manual						       html2stx(1)

NAME
html2stx - convert HTML documents into Stx SYNOPSIS
html2stx [ file ] DESCRIPTION
html2stx takes the given file, which should contain an HTML document, and converts it to structured text (Stx). If no file is given, stan- dard input is read instead. The program does not attempt to convert every possibly convertible piece of markup into Stx. For example, <font> tags are simply ignored. This tends to result in a nice, clean, beautiful document. (If it doesn't, the source document probably does not contain enough informa- tion to start with.) OPTIONS
None. DIAGNOSTICS
html2stx is a python script and will throw an exception if something goes amiss. In this case, the return value will be non-zero. SEE ALSO
stx2any (1), Stx-ref.html BUGS
o The word wrapping algorithm is probably not very clever. o Sometimes there are extra linebreaks in the output. o Probably many others. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Panu A. Kalliokoski. html2stx is derived from the html2text utility by Aaron Swartz. html2text is a utility for converting html into "Markdown" structured text; the changes required to make it work for Stx were done by Panu Kalliokoski. Panu A. Kalliokoski html2stx(1)