Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat I cannot connect my redhat server via putty Post 302756089 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 15th of January 2013 07:21:22 AM
Old 01-15-2013
First thing to check is that Putty is able to get to the target and is not being defeated by some network issue. Putty may not be able to connect to the target at all and the circuit is being dropped by some network device.

Can you ping the target? If you seem to be able to, can you down the target and make sure that ping stops? Somehow, ensure that you don't have a network issue.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dowe have other tools like Putty to connect UNIX boxes

New to UNIX, do we have only putty to work with UNIX boxes remotely ?????? any other tools.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nivaspIND
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to connect ubuntu through putty from Window?

Hii, i have installed ubuntu in windows without make partitioning by using wubi.. i want to connect ubuntu linux through putty. but I am unable to do that. Please help me.. how to set ip address in putty (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkumar
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

putty and Redhat

Hi, I use putty and vncviewer on XP to get screen form the RH Enterprise ws 6.0 . Although it has high quality of graphics scrolling down leads to blinks on screen which is annoying while using EDA design tools. Is there anyway to utilize putty (with some extra tool) so that EDA design tool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: titanic
2 Replies

4. Linux

Help!! trying to connect to linux SSH from windows putty client

Hi, i am trying to connect my Putty session on a windows box to a linux SSH, i have generated private and public key pairs using puttygen, i have set the public one to be in an OPENSSH format... and have put this in my authorized_keys file in linux, when i connect i get the following errors: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jtyreman
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Login from putty in wndows7 to connect ubuntu machine

hi, i have ubuntu installed on windows 7. I am trying to connecting to ubuntu from windows 7 using putty but it is giving network problem. I am trying to connect with ip address Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

Redhat server is not connected via putty

i have a redhat linux 5.3 machine. i can ping that machine remotely from my laptop. but when i connect that server via putty after providing username and password there is wait for some minutes and then i get error message "server unexpectedly closed network connection" Please guide... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
2 Replies

7. Linux

Generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

10. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies
trigger(8)						      System Manager's Manual							trigger(8)

Name
       trigger - trigger a target node to request a down-line load

Syntax
       /etc/trigger node [ options ]

Description
       The command triggers the bootstrap mechanism of a target node, causing the target to request a down-line load.  Once a target node is trig-
       gered, it loads itself in whatever manner its primary loader is programmed to operate.  The target node could request a down-line load from
       the host that just triggered it or from another adjacent node, or the target node could load itself from its own mass storage device.

The  node argument is the name or address of the target node.  A node name consists of from one to six alphanumeric characters.	For single
       networks, a node address consists of a decimal integer (1-1023).  For multiple networks, a node address consist	of  two  decimal  integers
       (n.n), where the first indicates the network number (1-63), and the second indicates the node address (1-1023).

The  command requires the identification of the service circuit over which the load is performed, the Ethernet hardware address of the tar-
       get node, and the service password needed to gain access to the target.	This information is included in the nodes database entry  for  the
       target node.  A node entry is defined with the command.	For further information, see Alternatively, you can choose not to include a target
       node's service password in the nodes database for security reasons.  You must therefore specify this value in the command line by using the
       -p option.

Options
       -p     Uses the specified service and password (next arguments) in accessing the target node.

Examples
       This command triggers node Bangor to issue a down-line load request:
       # /etc/trigger bangor <RET>

See Also
       mop_mom(8), addnode(8), load(8), remnode(8), getnode(8), ccr(8)
       Guide to Local Area Transport Servers

trigger(8)