Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A journey down memory lane - AMIGA... Post 302755551 by wisecracker on Sunday 13th of January 2013 06:00:37 PM
Old 01-13-2013
A journey down memory lane - AMIGA...

Hi guys and gals...

Who still plays with the AMIGA in any of its guises?

I have a classic A1200(HD) on 24/7 and still build and code for it...

Also _clones_ of the same machine using WinUAE and E-UAE...

It still has that one major beauty for this 62 year old - moi - it is FUN! ;o)

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

The Journey of OpenJDK 6 into Fedora, EPEL, and freedom - podcast with Tom Fitzsimmon

The first morning of JavaOne was a great serendipitous event. How often does something fall into place like this: I saw Barton George, who looks after Sun’s relationships with Linux communities, and we decided to cook up a podcast about OpenJDK 6 in Fedora 9. As we walked to the recording room,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Ah, the AMIGA, (another poem I wrote in 2005).

Well I wrote this in 2005 and uploaded to AMINET.as a commemoration of a machine that is still in use today. It is now 29 years since this machne came into being. Phenominal and it is still being supported- WOW! My A1200 is on 24/7 and I use it to test code developed on AMIGA emulators... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

GCC for tha AMIGA...

Hi guys... For the AMIGA fans out there... Not sure if this is the right forum but someone has done a successful working port of gcc for the classic AMIGA A1200. It contains a very large subset of *NIX commands and now AMIGA fanatics like me can include another platform, within the... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

A Journey Into Cyberspace

A Journey Into Cyberspace A brief visual presentation on the results of research and development into new visualization tools and methods for cyberspace situational awareness via graph processing and multisensor data fusion. https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums112-picture678.png ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

FFT for the AMIGA through ksh88 shell.

I don't know if anyone is interested but I have been meddling with FFT for the AMIGA. (Sadly we AMIGAns don't have these luxuries through any scripting language. Below is a Python snippet that uses the builtin 'cmath' module to work with the lowly Python 2.0.1 for the AMIGA. It is part of a... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

The AMIGA, great or flop. Your memories...

Hi everybody... Anyone who sees posts from me see the word AMIGA on my machines' terminal prompts. AMINET is the oldest Internet SW repository and currently holds 82,800+ freely available SW packages. About Aminet - AminetWiki I am a member of LAG, (Linclonshire Amiga Group), in the... (5 Replies)
5 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)