Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing specific entry using sed Post 302755019 by rdrtx1 on Friday 11th of January 2013 03:49:26 PM
Old 01-11-2013
try:
Code:
sed -i '0,/Fondue/s//Elephant/' Books.txt

This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing specific lines in a file

Hi there I have a file which has the lines # Serial number for hostid EXP_SERIAL_="" These lines could be anywhere in the file as far as line numbers go, I would like replace these two lines with # Serial number for hostid $var1 EXP_SERIAL_$var1="$var2" Is there a quick and simple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Replacing all but one regex match on a line or specific matches

Hi, I'm attempting to rename some files that have spaces in them. Without linking sed commands together is it possible to replace the first three "." to " ". File.name.is.long.ext -> File name is long.ext I can get the desired effect with echo "File.name.is.long.ext" | sed 's/\./ /g;s/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectox
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacing specific characters and control characters by escaping

sed -e "s// /g" old.txt > new.txt While I do know some control characters need to be escaped, can normal characters also be escaped and still work the same way? Basically I do not know all control characters that have a special meaning, for example, ?, ., % have a meaning and have to be escaped... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustneeda
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum using sed, awk

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers whenever i find it and produce an output file with the sum. For example ###start of input text file #### abc def ghi 1 2 3 4 kjld random... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notification of the modification of a specific entry in a file

I need to get notification via email when the line containing a pattern is changed in a file. Not during the time any changes to file occurs. Ie if we reset a user password say example, demouser the hash in the line containing the word demouser in the file /etc/group changes. So when this change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil510
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change specific value for a entry in the file

Hello All, can someone please suggest me a one line command to change a specific value that is associated to an entry in the file. for example #more schedulefile quartz.job.manual.bonus.schedule=0 0 9 ? * * # it should be changed to #more schedulefile... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing specific characters using sed

Hi, I have a text file which is output from a server and it lists all the files in a specific volume. However, the volume name appears as volume_name:. I would like to replace this with \\volume_name\volume_name. This is not a problem in itself as I can use sed to globally look for the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vnayak
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check for entry of specific pattern

Hey Guys and Gals, I am having trouble with what I thought shouldn't be hard.. In a script I am working on there is a need to enter a MAC address. MAC addresses are formatted ; XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX where X can be 0-9, a-f or A-F So in the sample script the query is something... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TAPE
4 Replies

9. Programming

PYTHON COPY Contents of file1 into a specific entry in file2

file1 cat dog fish file2 This is a bunch of lines <!-- INSERT ANIMALS HERE --> horse cheetah post results file2 This is a bunch of lines <!-- INSERT ANIMALS HERE --> cat dog fish horse (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TY718
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)