Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk to format file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to format file Post 302755013 by rdrtx1 on Friday 11th of January 2013 03:42:28 PM
Old 01-11-2013
try also:
Code:
awk '{sub(" .*="," servers="); gsub(":"," "); print}' infile > another_file

or
Code:
sed 's/ .*=/ servers=/; s/:/ /g' infile > another_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK CSV to TXT format, TXT file not in a correct column format

HI guys, I have created a script to read 1 column in a csv file and then place it in text file. However, when i checked out the text file, it is not in a column format... Example: CSV file contains name,age aa,11 bb,22 cc,33 After using awk to get first column TXT file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdap
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/nawk question to format a file

Hi, I am new to awk/nawk, needs help. I want to merge the rows having emplid attribute same into a single row in the following file. In actual this kind of file will have around 50k rows. Here is my input file id|emplid|firstname|dep|lastname 1|001234|test|1001|1 2|002345|test|1032|2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar04
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Join with different format using awk

File Join with different format using awk file1 file2 nawk -F"=" 'NR==FNR{a++;next} a{ print a, output Help is appreciated (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk/sed to format a file

My content of source file is as below scr1 a1 scr2 a2 b2 scr3 a3 b3 c3 I need a awk/sed command (to be used in C shell)to format it to something like below scr1 $a1 >file1 scr2 $a2 $b2 >file2 scr3 $a3 $b3 $c3 >file3 (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change a file content format using awk

Hi, i have a file input.txt Continent North America Country USA Capital Washington D.C. Country Canada Capital Ottawa Continent South America Country Argentina Capital Buenos Aires Country Brazil Capital Brasília Coutry Colombia Capital Bogotá and i want to get an output.txt ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastlane3000
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk statement to format text file.

Hello, I am fairly new to shellscripting and have written a script to check on messages file and report failed logins: Here is the original file: Jul 17 03:38:07 sfldmilx086 sshd: error: PAM: Authentication failure for houghn97 from 10.135.77.201 Jul 17 03:38:07 sfldmilx086 sshd: error:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neilh1704
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on awk script to format a file

Hi everyone, Looking for some help in awk script to modify the format of a file. I seem to be struggling with this: Input: ***************************************************** ,,,,TOTAL,2014/1-,2014/2- 0,TOTAL,BLANK,"Description",Total 1,Total 2,Total 3 1, MFG Name 1,,"Description",MFG... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_jain
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing format of file with awk

Hi all, I have a file that looks like this: Closest words to: manifesto >>>> Closest words to: passport >>>> and I want to reformat this with awk with the following desired result: manifesto 0.99999999999999978, 'manifesto' 0.72008211381623111, 'communiqu\xe9'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format a file using awk

I have a file as below empty May7 noread May8 How can process this file and print as below. neat and clean. Filename Date Created empty May7 noread May8 I tried something with printf before creating the file itself... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to format file with conditional split

In the awk below I am splitting $7 on the : (colon) then - (hyphen) as array a. The word chr is printed at the start of every $1 line. Next, $4 is split on the > (greater then) as array b. I am not sure how to account for the two other possibilities in $4 so the correct output is printed. Every... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Component - Base graphical unit DESCRIPTION
A Component is an entity with a graphical representation. SYNOPSIS
my $c = Graphics::Primitive::Component->new({ origin => Geometry::Primitive::Point->new({ x => $x, y => $y }), width => 500, height => 350 }); LIFECYCLE
prepare Most components do the majority of their setup in the prepare. The goal of prepare is to establish it's minimum height and width so that it can be properly positioned by a layout manager. $driver->prepare($comp); layout This is not a method of Component, but a phase introduced by the use of Layout::Manager. If the component is a container then each of it's child components (even the containers) will be positioned according to the minimum height and width determined during prepare. Different layout manager implementations have different rules, so consult the documentation for each for details. After this phase has completed the origin, height and width should be set for all components. $lm->do_layout($comp); finalize This final phase provides and opportunity for the component to do any final changes to it's internals before being passed to a driver for drawing. An example might be a component that draws a fleuron at it's extremities. Since the final height and width isn't known until this phase, it was impossible for it to position these internal components until now. It may even defer creation of this components until now. It is not ok to defer all action to the finalize phase. If you do not establish a minimum hieght and width during prepare then the layout manager may not provide you with enough space to draw. $driver->finalize($comp); draw Handled by Graphics::Primitive::Driver. $driver->draw($comp); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Component. Instance Methods background_color Set this component's background color. border Set this component's border, which should be an instance of Border. callback Optional callback that is fired at the beginning of the "finalize" phase. This allows you to add some sort of custom code that can modify the component just before it is rendered. The only argument is the component itself. Note that changing the position or the dimensions of the component will not re-layout the scene. You may have weird results of you manipulate the component's dimensions here. class Set/Get this component's class, which is an abitrary string. Graphics::Primitive has no internal use for this attribute but provides it for outside use. color Set this component's foreground color. fire_callback Method to execute this component's "callback". get_tree Get a tree for this component. Since components are -- by definiton -- leaf nodes, this tree will only have the one member at it's root. has_callback Predicate that tells if this component has a "callback". height Set this component's height. inside_bounding_box Returns a Rectangle that defines the edges of the 'inside' box for this component. This box is relative to the origin of the component. inside_height Get the height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. inside_width Get the width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. margins Set this component's margins, which should be an instance of Insets. Margins are the space outside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. The margins should be outside the border. maximum_height Set/Get this component's maximum height. Used to inform a layout manager. maximum_width Set/Get this component's maximum width. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_height Set/Get this component's minimum height. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_inside_height Get the minimum height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_inside_width Get the minimum width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_width Set/Get this component's minimum width. Used to inform a layout manager. name Set this component's name. This is not required, but may inform consumers of a component. Pay attention to that library's documentation. origin Set/Get the origin point for this component. outside_height Get the height consumed by padding, margin and borders. outside_width Get the width consumed by padding, margin and borders. finalize Method provided to give component one last opportunity to put it's contents into the provided space. Called after prepare. padding Set this component's padding, which should be an instance of Insets. Padding is the space inside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. This padding should be between the border and the component's content. page If true then this component represents stand-alone page. This informs the driver that this component (and any children) are to be renderered on a single surface. This only really makes sense in formats that have pages such as PDF of PostScript. prepare Method to prepare this component for drawing. This is an empty sub and is meant to be overridden by a specific implementation. preferred_height Set/Get this component's preferred height. Used to inform a layout manager. preferred_width Set/Get this component's preferred width. Used to inform a layout manager. to_string Get a string representation of this component in the form of: $name $x,$y ($widthx$height) visible Set/Get this component's visible flag. width Set/Get this component's width. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-geometry-primitive at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2009 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-06-02 Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)