Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bind 9.9.2 not working
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Bind 9.9.2 not working Post 302754833 by thmnetwork on Friday 11th of January 2013 08:18:05 AM
Old 01-11-2013
You can always increase the log level of bind, restart it, try a few queries and se if it prints anything more descriptive to /var/log/messages. More info on that process

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

bind version

How do I find out my current version of BIND? Dhall1973:D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhall1973
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bind Problem

Hi all, I've 2 Debian Etch (4) box used as ns1 and ns2 with BIND9. My domain name is something like this: subdomain.domain.com And I've 2 authorized DNS servers for the subdomain. I set this line in both of ns1 and ns2 (I.e. in ns1.subdomain.domain.com and ns2.subdomain.domain.com): cw ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
1 Replies

3. Solaris

rpc bind not working

Hi all, Was hoping someone could shed some light on my problem, rpc bind is in maintenance mode on Solaris 10 and won't fire up. contents of the error log are: rpcbind failed with 1. bash-3.00# Because rpc-bind isn't working, it's stopping nfs and autofs from working too ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

NFS - IP bind

Hello, Our production linux server have multiple network interface. Recently we installed and started NFS. Now the client server cannot mount to the server running NFS. Later it was discovered that the port being used for NFS is only bound to one IP address, which is not the IP address I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

BIND configuration

I have problems with a simple BIND configuration in CentOS. I have a static public IP 1.1.1.1 and I recently bought a domain name gigi.com. I just want that gigi.com points to 1.1.1.1 (Apache Web Server). This is how my named.conf file looks: options { directory "/var/named"; }; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasadia
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Split DNS not working with Bind-9.7

Hi All, Distros of machines : RHEL6 Bind Vesrion : Bind-9.7-3.2 I am trying to set up a test DNS for my home network. I have two rhel 6 machines A and B. Machine A has 2 NICs and is acting as a router also, one NIC is facing intranet and the otehr is facing intranet. On machine A i have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
0 Replies

7. Programming

bind source

here is the bind source file for the client.c in bind9 logs are written in var/log/file name in the form 02-Aug-2012 15:43:12.713 client 192.168.2.4#47512: query: 209.236.125.74.in-addr.arpa IN PTR + (192.168.2.4) i am in a subnet of 10 systems through 192.168.2.1..10 i want to write logs based... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balvinder87
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't bind to IP

When you get the message can't bind to ip already in use. is there a command to search to see everything that is using that IP? I've already check the host and hostname files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mchelle_99
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bind

Hi All I need to do bind of exiting filesystem to new storage allocated mount --bind /prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/test echo "/prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/pgsql bind bind 0 0" >> /etc/fstab will this command just work ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
2 Replies
resolv.conf(5)							File Formats Manual						    resolv.conf(5)

Name
       resolv.conf - resolver configuration file

Description
       The  resolver  configuration  file, contains information that the resolver routines read the first time they are invoked by a process.  The
       resolver file contains ASCII text and lists the name-value pairs that provide various types of resolver information.

The file is required if your system is running BIND.  This file must contain the BIND domain name for the local area network.  If your sys-
       tem is a BIND client, this file must also contain nameserver entries.

There are two entry formats for the file:

domain binddomain
	      This  line  specifies  the  default  domain to append to local host names.  If no domain entries are present, the domain returned by
	      after the first dot (.) is used.	If the host name does not contain a domain, the root domain is assumed.

nameserver address
	      In this entry, the address is the IP address, in dot notation, of the BIND server that should be queried to resolve  host  name  and
	      address  information.   You should have at least one name server listed.	Two or more name servers reduces the possibility of inter-
	      rupted BIND service in the event that one of the servers is down.  You can list up to (10) name servers.	If more than one server is
	      listed,  the resolver library queries you to try them in the order listed.  If no name server entries are present, the default is to
	      use the name server on the local machine.

The algorithm used is to try a name server, and, if the query times out, to try the next, until out of name servers or the query	is
	      resolved.   The  last step is to repeat trying all the name servers until a maximum number of retries has been made or the query has
	      been resolved.

The name value pair must appear on a single line, and the keyword or must start each line.

Examples
       The following is an example of a file:
       ;
       ; Data file for a client
       ;
       domain	      cities.us
       nameserver     128.11.22.33
       Lines beginning with a semicolon (;) are comment lines.

Files
See Also
       gethostname(2), resolver(3), named(8)
       Guide to the BIND Service

resolv.conf(5)