Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Gcc error when calling exit(-1) in a .c file Post 302754745 by kbw on Friday 11th of January 2013 03:59:06 AM
Old 01-11-2013
You need to include stdlib.h. The compiler is complaining that it hasn't seen a prototype for exit() before you used it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in gcc

Hi:- I am new for Unix and wants to install gcc compiler on my Linux system. I donwload the file and tried to install it but getting following messaged, # ./configure Configuring for a i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld host. Created "Makefile" in /home/gcc-3.0.1 using "mt-frag" ./configure: cc: command... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
6 Replies

2. Programming

Error in compile C by gcc

Hi all, I compile my c program and get following result hrnpfc01.c:1387: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1387: parse error before `,' hrnpfc01.c:1388: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1388: parse error before `,' hrnpfc01.c:1396: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1396: parse error before... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zico
4 Replies

3. AIX

RS/6000 gcc compile large file error

hi, everybody£º i have a question, pls help me¡£ OS : RS/6000 AIX 4.3.3 cPU : Powerpc,POWER3 compiler : gcc 3.2.3 source file £º 8M OS kernel : 32 bit (selecting at installing operating system, the hardware support 64 bit) when i compiling the large source file (8 M), i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
3 Replies

4. Linux

gcc install error

I download a gcc3.0.tar.gz file ,then tar it. Continue,I change current path to gcc3.0 and press ./configure The error appeared ,it is CC command not found . Please tell me What can I do to pass on. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fansings
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing exit code to calling script

In production I need to pass an exit code from a script that is being called 3 or 4 layers deep. I've created test scripts to play with it until I get it right. As you can tell, this is not my normal job. Perhaps I should have entered this in UNIX for Dummies section. Anyway, I keep losing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: debbiekuch
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

7. Linux

tar error exit delayed form pervious error

Hi when use "tar cpvzf /dev/st0 --exclude=/proc --exclude-/lost+found --exclude=/mnt --exclude=/media --exclude=/sys /" to tape, get the following message "tar: error exit delayed form pervious error", What is the mean ? Please suggest some solution for these errors. thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chayato
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GCC 4 error.

Hello, dont know much about C, or gcc, but I am trying to compile a program that built fine in gcc3, but is outputting errors in gcc4, int load_REs(char *, char ); #this line is causing the error DB_Query.h:22: error: array type has incomplete element type any help would be appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike171562
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to exit out of the calling Shell Script

Hi All, I tried looking for this, but was not able to get a clear answer. Hence posting here. Please find the details below. Thanks for the help I have 2 shell scripts, script1.sh and script2.sh. I call script2.sh from within script1.sh ( by simple ./script2.sh command). Based on some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: harimac
7 Replies

10. Programming

gcc compiling error

I am using gcc to compile c objects on solaris 5.10 and hit the following error messages: /usr/include/sys/vfs.h:323: error: syntax error before "statvfs64_t" /usr/include/sys/vfs.h:334: error: syntax error before "statvfs64_t" gmake: *** Error 1 The c program files were copied over from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: med7006
3 Replies
demangle(3EXT)						    Extended Library Functions						    demangle(3EXT)

NAME
demangle, cplus_demangle - decode a C++ encoded symbol name SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file[ library ... ] -ldemangle #include <demangle.h> int cplus_demangle(const char *symbol, char *prototype, size_t size); DESCRIPTION
The cplus_demangle() function decodes (demangles) a C++ linker symbol name (mangled name) into a (partial) C++ prototype, if possible. C++ mangled names may not have enough information to form a complete prototype. The symbol string argument points to the input mangled name. The prototype argument points to a user-specified output string buffer, of size bytes. The cplus_demangle() function operates on mangled names generated by SPARCompilers C++ 3.0.1, 4.0.1, 4.1 and 4.2. The cplus_demangle() function improves and replaces the demangle() function. Refer to the CC.1, dem.1, and c++filt.1 manual pages in the /opt/SUNWspro/man/man1 directory. These pages are only available with the SPROcc package. RETURN VALUES
The cplus_demangle() function returns the following values: 0 The symbol argument is a valid mangled name and prototype contains a (partial) prototype for the symbol. DEMANGLE_ENAME The symbol argument is not a valid mangled name and the content of prototype is a copy of the symbol. DEMANGLE_ESPACE The prototype output buffer is too small to contain the prototype (or the symbol), and the content of prototype is undefined. SunOS 5.10 11 Mar 1997 demangle(3EXT)