Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Handle error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Handle error Post 302754741 by ust on Friday 11th of January 2013 03:49:48 AM
Old 01-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
You can instruct tar to not try and archive that file with -X, which reads a list of filenames to ignore.

Code:
echo filename-to-ignore > /tmp/exclude-list

tar -X /tmp/exclude-list ...

rm -f /tmp/exclude-list

-X seems will exclude to backup the file , if I just want to backup the file but exclude the error only , is it ok ?

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

handle core

Hi I am looking for analog of the Windows "try-except" C code statement that enables target applications to gain control when events that normally terminate program execution occur. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vlad
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to handle memory error?

Hi, I need to know what is the right way of handling out of memory conditions. If a program is not able to dynamically allocate memory (new fails), is it right to wait for some amount of time (say 5 sec) and then try again to allocate memory? Or should we kill the process and again restart it?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diganta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP - To handle error while transferring files

Hi, I had written an FTP script where in I loop through the directories and transfer the files from each and every directory of Windows to UNIX. Now the problem is when 1. The connection is unable to be established I should return some error codes 2. When there is some system... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to handle my own mail

I installed sendmail and pine and I could send emails to other people succesffly. However no matter what I try I cannot receive other people's email. The only messages sitting in my pine inbox are system notifications sent to root@knoppix. Then I think the problem is that my mail is handled by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: onthetopo
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Error Message: find: cannot open /: Stale NFS file handle

I am using the "find" command below and it respond with the error message " find: cannot open /: Stale NFS file handle" what does it mean? what can I do about it? Need advice, thanks. below are the command that I enter, the respond and the error message: root@ScripServer:/# find / -name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezsurf
1 Replies

6. Solaris

NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle

:confused:Hi all When i see in the /var/adm/messages, i saw the following error unix: NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle. unix: (file handle: 45ca415 3e7 a0000 2c7f6 3ebfc25f a0000 2 3e49) It is using sunOS 5.7. Is anybody know what is this error? Is is related to any network... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

handle decimals

Hi All, How we can handle decimals in (Float) in UNIX. a=73 b=5 c=`expr a / b` i am getting 14 but i need full 14.6 . Can any one help me pls? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle one value below the other

Hi, I, have an output with 3 different values each below the other like: # echo $bla 123 345 234 Each value is in one line and for the further processing I need every single value. For example is there a way to grep line 2, like: # echo $bla | grep --line 2 345 :) Thank you in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2retti
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between handle to the thread HANDLE and thread identifier pthread_t

This question might be silly but its confusing me a bit: What is the difference between handle to the thread HANDLE and thread identifier pthread_t? ---------- Post updated at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:48 PM ---------- Sorry I saw details and HANDLE is in windows and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

10. Solaris

NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle - Solaris 10

Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: (file handle: 68000000 1bc5492e 20000000 377c5e 1ce9395c 720a6203 40000000 bdfb0400) Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host zyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
5 Replies
AGGREGATE_PROPERTIES_BY_LIST(3) 					 1					   AGGREGATE_PROPERTIES_BY_LIST(3)

aggregate_properties_by_list - Selective dynamic class properties aggregation to an object

SYNOPSIS
void aggregate_properties_by_list (object $object, string $class_name, array $properties_list, [bool $exclude = false]) DESCRIPTION
Aggregates properties from a class to an existing object using a list of property names. The properties whose names start with an underscore character (_), which are considered private to the aggregated class, are always excluded. PARAMETERS
o $object - o $class_name - o $properties_list - o $exclude - The optional parameter $exclude is used to decide whether the list contains the names of class properties to include in the aggregation (i.e. $exclude is FALSE), or to exclude from the aggregation ($exclude is TRUE). RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. SEE ALSO
aggregate(3), aggregate_methods(3), aggregate_methods_by_list(3), aggregate_methods_by_regexp(3), aggregate_properties(3), aggregate_prop- erties_by_regexp(3), aggregate_info(3), deaggregate(3). PHP Documentation Group AGGREGATE_PROPERTIES_BY_LIST(3)