Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To add a new line with specific text after the pattern is found using sed Post 302754713 by sathyaonnuix on Friday 11th of January 2013 02:27:07 AM
Old 01-11-2013
Code:
# cat file
<dbsharedpool oa_var="s_dbsharedpool_size">300000000</dbsharedpool>
<ABCD>
</ABCD>
<EFGH>
</EFGH>

Code:
#  sed '/<\/dbsharedpool>/ a\ <dbrollbacksegs <oa_var="s_db_rollback_segs">NOROLLBACK</dbrollbacksegs>' file
<dbsharedpool oa_var="s_dbsharedpool_size">300000000</dbsharedpool>
 <dbrollbacksegs <oa_var="s_db_rollback_segs">NOROLLBACK</dbrollbacksegs>
<ABCD>
</ABCD>
<EFGH>
</EFGH>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

change line found by pattern using sed

I want to change a line like CPM_THRESHOLD 0.8 // to a new value using sed I am trying sed -i "s/CPM_THRESHOLD/CPM_THRESHOLD\t$COH\t\t\/\//" $INPUT_4 but how can i substitute the whole line begining with CPM_THRESHOLD and substitute it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larne
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: add text if pattern not found

Hello, I would like to add the line TIMEZONE="CET" if the pattern TIMEZONE is not found between the range <JOB and JOB> : Example: Src file: <!DOCTYPE DEFTABLE SYSTEM "deftable.dtd"> <DEFTABLE > <JOB TASKTYPE="Job" TIMEFROM="0030" TIMEZONE="CET" </JOB> <JOB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutunzi
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract specific line if the search pattern is found

Hi, I need to extract <APPNUMBER> tag alone, if the <college> haas IIT Chennai value. college tag value will have spaces embedded. Those spaces should not be suppresses. My Source file <Record><sno>1</sno><empid>E0001</empid><name>Rejsh suderam</name><college>IIT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text till pattern match found in a line

Hi All, From the below line if we want to display all the text till found pattern dot/. I was trying with the below code but couldn't able to print text before the pattern. it display texts which is found after pattern. awk '/assed/{print;getline;print}' file_name | sed 's/^*. *//' input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

If first pattern is found, look for second pattern. If second pattern not found, delete line

I had a spot of trouble coming up with a title, hopefully you'll understand once you read my problem... :) I have the output of an ldapsearch that looks like this: dn: cn=sam,ou=company,o=com uidNumber: 7174 gidNumber: 49563 homeDirectory: /home/sam loginshell: /bin/bash uid: sam... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samgoober
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text on particular line after pattern found

hi, i have /etc/inittab, I want to add another line after that when i find a pattern "l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 6". original l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 6 after-change l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 6 /sbin/if-pp-to-cng (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Modify text file if found multiple pattern match for every line.

Looking for help, i have input file like below and want to modify to expected output, if can without create additional file, hope can direct modify it. have 2 thing need do. 1st is adding a word (testplan generation off) after ! ! IPG: Tue Aug 07 14:31:17 2018 2nd is adding... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk with sed to combine lines and remove specific odd # pattern from line

In the awk piped to sed below I am trying to format file by removing the odd xxxx_digits and whitespace after, then move the even xxxx_digit to the line above it and add a space between them. There may be multiple lines in file but they are in the same format. The Filename_ID line is the last line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)