Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bind 9.9.2 not working
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Bind 9.9.2 not working Post 302754691 by rink on Friday 11th of January 2013 01:34:00 AM
Old 01-11-2013
i only download new root hint file from ftp://ftp.rs.internic.net

but i think it is not the problem , i also used my old root hint file but nothing is working ,

bind only works if i use forwarders but i want to use it directly with root servers

Any help

Last edited by rink; 01-11-2013 at 05:00 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

bind version

How do I find out my current version of BIND? Dhall1973:D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhall1973
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bind Problem

Hi all, I've 2 Debian Etch (4) box used as ns1 and ns2 with BIND9. My domain name is something like this: subdomain.domain.com And I've 2 authorized DNS servers for the subdomain. I set this line in both of ns1 and ns2 (I.e. in ns1.subdomain.domain.com and ns2.subdomain.domain.com): cw ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
1 Replies

3. Solaris

rpc bind not working

Hi all, Was hoping someone could shed some light on my problem, rpc bind is in maintenance mode on Solaris 10 and won't fire up. contents of the error log are: rpcbind failed with 1. bash-3.00# Because rpc-bind isn't working, it's stopping nfs and autofs from working too ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

NFS - IP bind

Hello, Our production linux server have multiple network interface. Recently we installed and started NFS. Now the client server cannot mount to the server running NFS. Later it was discovered that the port being used for NFS is only bound to one IP address, which is not the IP address I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

BIND configuration

I have problems with a simple BIND configuration in CentOS. I have a static public IP 1.1.1.1 and I recently bought a domain name gigi.com. I just want that gigi.com points to 1.1.1.1 (Apache Web Server). This is how my named.conf file looks: options { directory "/var/named"; }; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasadia
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Split DNS not working with Bind-9.7

Hi All, Distros of machines : RHEL6 Bind Vesrion : Bind-9.7-3.2 I am trying to set up a test DNS for my home network. I have two rhel 6 machines A and B. Machine A has 2 NICs and is acting as a router also, one NIC is facing intranet and the otehr is facing intranet. On machine A i have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
0 Replies

7. Programming

bind source

here is the bind source file for the client.c in bind9 logs are written in var/log/file name in the form 02-Aug-2012 15:43:12.713 client 192.168.2.4#47512: query: 209.236.125.74.in-addr.arpa IN PTR + (192.168.2.4) i am in a subnet of 10 systems through 192.168.2.1..10 i want to write logs based... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balvinder87
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't bind to IP

When you get the message can't bind to ip already in use. is there a command to search to see everything that is using that IP? I've already check the host and hostname files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mchelle_99
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bind

Hi All I need to do bind of exiting filesystem to new storage allocated mount --bind /prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/test echo "/prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/pgsql bind bind 0 0" >> /etc/fstab will this command just work ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
2 Replies
Net::DNS::Resolver::Recurse(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Net::DNS::Resolver::Recurse(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Resolver::Recurse - Perform recursive dns lookups SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Resolver::Recurse; my $res = Net::DNS::Resolver::Recurse->new; DESCRIPTION
This module is a sub class of Net::DNS::Resolver. So the methods for Net::DNS::Resolver still work for this module as well. There are just a couple methods added: hints Initialize the hint servers. Recursive queries need a starting name server to work off of. This method takes a list of IP addresses to use as the starting servers. These name servers should be authoritative for the root (.) zone. $res->hints(@ips); If no hints are passed, the default nameserver is asked for the hints. Normally these IPs can be obtained from the following location: ftp://ftp.internic.net/domain/named.root recursion_callback This method is takes a code reference, which is then invoked each time a packet is received during the recursive lookup. For example to emulate dig's "+trace" function: $res->recursion_callback(sub { my $packet = shift; $_->print for $packet->additional; printf(";; Received %d bytes from %s ", $packet->answersize, $packet->answerfrom ); }); query_dorecursion This method is much like the normal query() method except it disables the recurse flag in the packet and explicitly performs the recursion. $packet = $res->query_dorecursion( "www.netscape.com.", "A"); IPv6 transport If the appropriate IPv6 libraries are installed the recursive resolver will randomly choose between IPv6 and IPv4 addresses of the nameservers it encounters during recursion. If you want to force IPv4 transport use the force_v4() method. Also see the IPv6 transport notes in the Net::DNS::Resolver documentation. AUTHOR
Rob Brown, bbb@cpan.org SEE ALSO
Net::DNS::Resolver, COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002, Rob Brown. All rights reserved. Portions Copyright (c) 2005, Olaf M Kolkman. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. $Id: Recurse.pm 740 2008-12-17 23:20:53Z olaf $ perl v5.12.1 2009-12-30 Net::DNS::Resolver::Recurse(3)