Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with ksh syntax error Unexpected Fi Post 302754569 by rdrtx1 on Thursday 10th of January 2013 05:50:40 PM
Old 01-10-2013
turn -x option in script to see execution echo and help debug. I suspect that one of the file names used in the variables for the if statments might have a space in it.

Last edited by rdrtx1; 01-10-2013 at 08:06 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh: syntax error: `...' unexpected???

Hello all, I want to create a script that polls every hour a directory for the existence of a file. The file I look for is a `token` dropped by an external process at the completion of a successful FTP process. I wrote this script `checkfile.ksh`: #!/usr/bin/ksh if ] then mailx... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected syntax error

Hi, i am getting following syntax error ...kingly advice why is it coming ?? #!/bin/bash find . -name "common.log" if ; then echo "1" fi Himnashu@home /bin $ ./a.sh ./a.sh: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token `fi' ./a.sh: line 7: `fi' (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error: `$' unexpected

Hi all, Am very new to Unix and am currently Involved in Migrating some Shell Scripts from AIX 4 to Solaris 10. While using teh for loop am getting the below error: $ echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh $ for file in $(ls *SEBE*) syntax error: `$' unexpected while the same works without issue on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkhanore
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh syntax error: `(' unexpected

So I am trying to convert my bash script into ksh, and this is what I have in the file so far: #!/bin/ksh login() { if then sendcmd BETA else sendcmd "$(xxd -c 32 -g 0 ${ZETA_ZETA} | awk '{print $2}')" fi } But when I run it: $ ./test.sh ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `}' please help

I'm going mad not being able to get this to work. im assuming its only a simple mistake but its driving me bonkers trying to find it. Please if you can help me it would save me pulling my hair out!! Thanks #!/bin/bash -xv # #Config name="TEST Server" + name='TEST Server'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fisheh
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error: 'fi' unexpected

unzip file.zip if ] ; then echo "Success" else echo "Some failure." fi ; I tried many time to detect the unzip error, but it keep show the syntax error wherever how I change the syntac. Hope someone can help me fix the issue, thanks. Please use code tags next time for your code and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: duncanyy
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Script - Syntax error `done' unexpected

Hello, I am working on my first ksh script to review daily reports. The script uses different functions to check different types of reports in csv format. A control file gets read in with information regarding the report, other info, and the function to use. When I run the script I get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bot9196
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error `(' unexpected

I have written this in my script but while running i am getting syntax error `(' unexpected. unload to "$BACKUP_DIR/n_fac_fid-$clliname" select * from n_fac_fid where fac_accesskey in (select fac_accesskey From n_fac_ap_fid where ap_clli="$clliname"); Any help appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanmi
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Syntax error near unexpected token 'do'

Hello all, Please i have this command i used to zip different files in differents directory, but i have an error. Note that when i run the command in one directory it works fine. /X5/WORK/BGH/INV/REG/pdf/SEND/BGH12523/1/*.fo /X5/WORK/BGH/INV/REG/pdf/SEND/BGH24523/1/*.fo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error: `]' unexpected

I am getting this error Syntax error: `]' unexpected. Did I do something wrong with elif? Does ksh not like double brackets? if ]; then #echo hi source ~/.bashrc; elif ]; then #echo hi source ~/.kshrc; fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies
_ENV(3) 								 1								   _ENV(3)

$_ENV - Environment variables

An associative array of variables passed to the current script via the environment method.

These  variables are imported into PHP's global namespace from the environment under which the PHP parser is running. Many are provided by
       the shell under which PHP is running and different systems are likely running different kinds of shells, a definitive list  is  impossible.
       Please see your shell's documentation for a list of defined environment variables.

Other environment variables include the CGI variables, placed there regardless of whether PHP is running as a server module or CGI proces-
       sor.

$HTTP_ENV_VARS contains the same initial information, but is not a superglobal. (Note that $HTTP_ENV_VARS and $_ENV are different variables
       and that PHP handles them as such)

+--------+---------------------------------------------------+
       |Version |						    |
       |	|						    |
       |	|		     Description		    |
       |	|						    |
       | 4.1.0	|						    |
       |	|						    |
       |	|  Introduced $_ENV that deprecated $HTTP_ENV_VARS. |
       |	|						    |
       Example #1

$_ENV example

<?php
	      echo 'My username is ' .$_ENV["USER"] . '!';
	      ?>

Assuming "bjori" executes this script

The above example will output something similar to:

My username is bjori!

Note

This  is	a  'superglobal', or automatic global, variable. This simply means that it is available in all scopes throughout a script.
	      There is no need to do global $variable; to access it within functions or methods.

getenv(3), The filter extension.

PHP Documentation Group 														   _ENV(3)