Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to cut a some required data from file Post 302754247 by Yoda on Thursday 10th of January 2013 09:41:00 AM
Old 01-10-2013
First of all remove that grep because we are covering that part in the awk program. If you are on SunOS or Solaris then use nawk or /usr/xpg4/bin/awk instead.

OR use sed
Code:
sed 's/.*\(ORA-\)/\1/p' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help required with cut -d

i have a file in which data is like this 12 34 56 78 78 56 34 12 now i want to cut 2nd last column.... if 2nd column from start is to be cut then i can write cut -d" " -f2 filename what to do if 2nd column from end is to be cut ! any help thanks Sidhu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amardeep
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required using cut command

Hi all, I have one text as '/home/psv/file/test.ksh'. In that I want to cut the text as '/home/psv/file/' . Let me know which command to use. Thanks Mahalakshmi.A (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to read data from a file (cut/awk)

Hi list, i have an orcale spool file with SQL> select COMPMAP as SVC, ITEM, UNIT, sum(JAN), sum(FEB) SVC ITE U SUM(JAN) SUM(FEB) ------ --- - ---------- ---------- 401500 IOC Q 14 14 406200 LC Q 1 1 410124 IOC Q 5 4 410124 LC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rejirajraghav
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required with a Csh script to read data from a file

Dears, This is what i want.. I need to read a comma separated text file whose name is config.txt. whose content is like ; bscnara,btserrr bscsana,btssanacity ..... i need to read the first string and second string and use it to execute a another shell script. This is the logic. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fizzme
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cut data block from .txt file in shell scripting

Hi All, Currently i have to write a script. For which i need to cut a block from .txt file. I know the specific word that starts the block and ends the block. Can we do it in shell scripting..? Please suggest.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pank29
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut some data from big file

How to cut data from big file my file around 30 gb I tried "head -50022172 filename > newfile.txt ,and tail -5454283 newfile.txt. It's slowy. afer that I tried sed -n '46467831,50022172p' filename > newfile.txt ,also slow Please recommend me , faster command to cut some data from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: almanto
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter required data from file using bash script?

Hi All , I have one file like below , Owner name = abu2-kxy-m29.hegen.app Item_id = AX1981, special_id = *NULL*, version = 1 Created = 09/01/2010 12:56:56 (1283389016) Enddate = 03/31/2011 00:00:00 (1301554800) From the above file I need to get the output in the below format ,i need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanasekar_beem
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut data from file and create another file.

I have file which has more than 1000 lines. PFB file info Line 1. <SOAP-ENV:Envelope SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="" xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:SOAPSDK1="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:SOAPSDK2="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: humaemo
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required the cut the whole contents from one file and paste it into new file

Hi, First of all sincere apologies if I have posted in a wrong section ! Please correct me if I am wrong ! I am very new to UNIX scripting. Currently my problem is that I have a code file at the location /home/usr/workarea/GeneratedLogs.log :- Code :- (Feb 7, 571 7:07:29 AM),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut and paste data in new file

HI Guys, I have file A: Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kal Kaloo Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kalpooo Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kloo Abc Abc Klooo I want file B Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kal Kaloo Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kalpooo Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kloo File A is now 1 lines Abc Abc Klooo Cut all lines which have xyz... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies
DROP 
TABLE(7) SQL Commands DROP TABLE(7) NAME
DROP TABLE - remove a table SYNOPSIS
DROP TABLE [ IF EXISTS ] name [, ...] [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP TABLE removes tables from the database. Only its owner can drop a table. To empty a table of rows without destroying the table, use DELETE [delete(7)] or TRUNCATE [truncate(7)]. DROP TABLE always removes any indexes, rules, triggers, and constraints that exist for the target table. However, to drop a table that is referenced by a view or a foreign-key constraint of another table, CASCADE must be specified. (CASCADE will remove a dependent view entirely, but in the foreign-key case it will only remove the foreign-key constraint, not the other table entirely.) PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the table does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table to drop. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the table (such as views). RESTRICT Refuse to drop the table if any objects depend on it. This is the default. EXAMPLES
To destroy two tables, films and distributors: DROP TABLE films, distributors; COMPATIBILITY
This command conforms to the SQL standard, except that the standard only allows one table to be dropped per command, and apart from the IF EXISTS option, which is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
ALTER TABLE [alter_table(7)], CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP TABLE(7)