Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support VxVM not able to see new disk Post 302754141 by solaris_1977 on Thursday 10th of January 2013 06:28:18 AM
Old 01-10-2013
It seems that device paths were messed up, so did following.
Quote:
mv /etc/vx/array.info /etc/vx/array.info.old
mv /etc/vx/disk.info /etc/vx/disk.info.old
rm /dev/vx/dmp/*
rm /dev/vx/rdmp/*
vxconfigd -k
And that panicked my production box :-( Fortunately it was in cluster so my life was saved. After reboot, new lun was visible in VxVM as well.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

VxVM

All solaris rescue gurus out there .... I've a Solaris 2.6 E450 on which my sysadmin guy has deleted every file (not sub-directories) from the /etc directory. The machine is (was) running Vxvm with the root volume encapsulated. I've tried booting from CDROM, mounting the root volume... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy11983
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VxVM disk/lun grow

hi, i have a volume on a LUN of an EMC-storage and i need to increase the size. i could increase the size of the LUN on the EMC, i could increase the size of the disk for solaris, but how can i tell the veritas volume manager that the disk is larger now? what i've done: 1. LUN on EMC 2.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to add disk into Striped Volume VxVM

VxVM: How to add one more disk into v08 the stripe should change from 7/128 to 8/128 v v08 - ENABLED ACTIVE 8954292224 SELECT v08-01 fsgen pl v08-01 v08 ENABLED ACTIVE 8954292480 STRIPE 7/128 RW sd bkpdg35-01 v08-01 bkpdg35 17216 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoffry
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Migrate VxVM boot disks to higher capacity disk

Hi, Im getting a downtime of 4 hrs to do porting of bootdisks. Currently, the system is running on Sf4800. 2 internal disk 36G connected to a SE3510 storage. We're getting 72G disks and we want to restore the OS from the current 36G to the 72G disk. System is under veritas volume manager ctrl.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
4 Replies

5. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

6. Solaris

vxvm root disk booting problem - solved with boot -a. How?

Hi All, We had a Sun Netra T1 go down the other day, the root disk was mirrored using vxvm. Upon boot from either disk, we had the following error appear: WARNING: Error writing ufs log state WARNING: ufs log for / changed state to Error WARNING: Please umount(1M) / and run... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
4 Replies

7. Solaris

vxvm

hi all, how can we check whether vxvm is installed in our system or not in solaris? Thanks in advance dinu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Lost Root Password on VXVM Encapsulated Root Disk

Hi All Hope it's okay to post on this sub-forum, couldn't find a better place I've got a 480R running solaris 8 with veritas volume manager managing all filesystems, including an encapsulated root disk (I believe the root disk is encapsulated as one of the root mirror disks has an entry under... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnyd76
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to boot from mirror disk on x86 server configured under VxVM

Hi, Can you help me on booting x86 server configured under VxVM. Server boots fine normally from both the disks but if I try to boot server from mirror disk without starting veritas, then it does not boot. vxplex -g rootdg dis var-02 vxplex -g rootdg dis swapvol-02 vxplex -g rootdg dis... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milindphanse604
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Removing a VxVM disk from a Disk Group

Hello all, So I made a rookie mistake today. I forgot to remove my disk from my disk group, before running the following command:for i in `ioscan -fnN | awk /NO/'{print $3}'` do rmsf -H $i done I am trying to run the following command, but not having any luck obviously:vxdg -g dgvol1 rmdisk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkejames2
0 Replies
vxconfigbackup(1M)														vxconfigbackup(1M)

NAME
vxconfigbackup - back up disk group configuration SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxconfigbackup [-l directory] [[dgname ...] | [dgid ...]] DESCRIPTION
The vxconfigbackup utility can be used to backup up the configuration information for one or more disk groups. The disk groups may be specified either by name or by ID. If no disk groups are specified, all disk group configurations are backed up. OPTIONS
-l directory Specifies a directory other than the default where the backup configuration files are to be written. Note: The default backup directory is /etc/vx/cbr/bk. EXAMPLES
Back up the configuration of the mydg disk group to the directory /dgbackup/mydg: vxconfigbackup -l /dgbackup/mydg mydg FILES
/etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.dginfo Default location of backup file for disk group information. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.diskinfo Default location of backup file for disk attributes. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.binconfig Default location of backup file for binary configuration copy. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.cfgrec Default location of backup file for configuration records in vxprint -m format. NOTES
The vxconfigbackupd daemon automatically backs up a disk group's new configuration to the default backup directory whenever the configura- tion is changed. The vxconfigbackup command is provided to back up the configuration manually at any other desired time. The disk group configuration backup and restore utilities do not save any data in the public region. This includes file system or other application data that is configured within VxVM objects. SEE ALSO
vxconfigbackupd(1M), vxconfigrestore(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxconfigbackup(1M)