Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Access to Remote tty cli via ssh Post 302753403 by DGPickett on Tuesday 8th of January 2013 02:08:56 PM
Old 01-08-2013
Are you talking about a remote host serial port?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tty remote IP

I am fairly new to Unix Terminal outputs and I have a server that is sending print jobs to a PortServer 8 RJ45 situated in a remote location. It is working fine however we need to change the Subnet of that location and I am unable to find where the IP associated with the terminal is located. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: martin_Montreal
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting rid of "Warning: no access to tty....

So I have been submitting a lot of pbs jobs using the qsub command: qsub -l nodes=1: ppn=1,walltime=4:00:00 run.csh and everything works perfect except that I get the following error at the top of each output file: Warning: no access to tty (Bad file descriptor). Thus no job control in this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pattywac
0 Replies

3. Linux

Access environment variables on remote host using ssh

How can i access environment variables on remote host using ssh example: # Remote server $ echo $MAIL /var/spool/mail/gacf $ # Local server $ ssh gacf@server1 'echo $MAIL' /var/mail/gacf $ Expected to find: $ ssh gacf@server1 'echo $MAIL' /var/spool/mail/gacf $ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
3 Replies

4. AIX

TTY Reconnaissance for remote users

I'm trying to create an automated script, which (I feel) needs to be able to map local processes of a certain program with certain remote hosts. The script will know which remote host and local program it will be looking for during the mapping. Essentially the goal is to programmatically pull which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
3 Replies

5. Linux

Create VNC Session on remote machine on which ssh access is denied

Hi Folks, I want to create VNC session on the Remote RHEL machine on which ssh access is denied. Is there any way so that I can create VNC session without ssh access. Let me know all possible ways! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gydave
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Ssh to remote access point http server

I need to do some remote administration to an access point that is sitting behind a firewall that only has ssh enable from the outside but http/https from the inside. So to be a bit clearer: remote(outside firewall) ssh --> ssh-server(internal) --> access point(http/https) Ultimately... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi server access through remote server using ssh

Team, Presently I have 5 ip address kept in ip_abc1 file, for each of the ip address listed, i need to login on each ipaddress one at a time and login as below for that specific ip address ssh -p 8101 karaf@<ip.address_for the specific ip address as logged in> password features:list... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
4 Replies
tftp(1c)																  tftp(1c)

Name
       tftp - trivial file transfer program

Syntax
       tftp [host] [port]

Description
       The  command  provides  the  user interface to the Internet standard Trivial File Transfer Protocol.  The program allows a user to transfer
       files to and from a remote network site.  The remote host can be specified on the command line.	If you specify the remote host on the com-
       mand line uses host as the default host for future transfers.

If  a  port is specified, uses that port number instead of the standard service port.  When the user invokes the program enters its command
       interpreter and awaits instructions.  The prompt tftp> is displayed on the screen.

The following commands are recognized by

?		   Displays a help message that gives a brief summary of the commands.

ascii		   Specifies mode ascii.

binary		   Specifies mode binary.

connect host-name [ port ]
			   Sets the host and, optionally, sets port for transfers.  Note that the TFTP	protocol  does	not  maintain  connections
			   between transfers.  Because merely remembers what host should be used for transfers instead of actually creating a con-
			   nection, it is not necessary to use the command.  The remote host can be specified as part of the or commands.

get remote-file... [ local-file ]
			   Gets a file or set of files from the specified sources.  If the host has already been specified, the source can  be	in
			   the	form of a filename on the remote host.	If the host has not been specified, the source can be a string of the form
			   host:file, specifying both a host and filename at the same time.  If the latter form is used, the last hostname entered
			   becomes the default for future transfers.

mode		   Sets the file transfer type to network ASCII or binary.  The default type is network ASCII.

put local-file... [ remote-file/directory ]
			   Puts  a file or set of files to the specified remote file or directory.  If the remote host has already been specified,
			   the destination can be a filename on it.  If the remote host has not been specified, the destination can be a string of
			   the	form  host:filename,  specifying  both a host and filename at the same time.  If the latter form is used, the last
			   hostname entered becomes the default for future transfers.  If the remote-directory form is used, the  remote  host	is
			   assumed to be a UNIX machine.

quit		   Exits the program.

rexmt		   Sets the retransmit timer.

status		   Shows what believes to be the current connection status.

timeout		   Set the transaction timeout.

trace		   Sets the packet trace flag.

verbose		   Sets the verbose mode flag.

Restrictions
       Since the TFTP protocol does not support any authentication, files must be world read (writable) on the remote system.

Because	there  is  no user-login validation within the TFTP protocol, the remote site should have some sort of file access restrictions in
       place.  The exact methods are specific to each site.

tftp(1c)