Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help me with Pre Installation Steps for Patching on Solaris Servers Post 302753325 by vijaykrishna on Tuesday 8th of January 2013 11:32:05 AM
Old 01-08-2013
Thank you for your effort...Smilie

Can any one help me with this ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Installation steps (request how to install UNIX)

Hello hey ppl I wanna use Unix SCO, and I have a Unix SCO 5.05 bootable CD. Now plz can any one help me or guide me the steps of Unix installation. I want to install myself so plz If anyone experts in Unix installation & knows simple configuration... so plz mail me or reply me here , step by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohsin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Required installation steps for perl 5.8.9 on Solaris 2.8 operating system

Hi Can any one suggest me the instalation guideline for perl 5.8.9 on UNIX/solaris 2.8 environment. Pooja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
2 Replies

3. Solaris

php installation steps..

hi .. i need procedure to install php on my solaris server.. i spent more than two weeks for this installation procedure.. but still couldn find a proper solution.. i have successfully enabled apache,tomcat,mysql,oracle .. this is the only issue am having rite now and its bothering me a lot.. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script with mutiple steps/commands, on UNIX servers

Hi, I wrote a simple script, which will call other scripts or run commands on a UNIX server. my script has multiple steps/commands with some delay in between. I usually get some email notifications after the successful execution of each step. **My intention is to get email alerts when it is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

General questions related to patching and servers

Hi, Can you answer the following ? How to identify server is physical or virtual server ? Why often patching is done in servers ?What is the purpose of doing OS patching in servers. ? Regards, Maddy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies

7. AIX

Pre-installation verification before technology level update

Hello, I was trying to upgrade TL on a lab server (test box). I did worked on (few) these type of SP and TL updates in the recent past. I saw the below message for the first time on server. current OS level : 7100-03-01-1341 downloaded the newest/recent fix pack from fix central as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Patching Procedure in Solaris 10 with sun cluster having Solaris zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to find the patching procedure for solaris 10 ( sol10 u11) to latest patchset with sun cluster having failover zones so that same I should follow. Take an instance, there are sol1 and sol2 nodes and having two failover zones like sozone1-rg and sozone2-rg and currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nick101
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to use live-upgrade with single disk, pre-patching steps?

Hi, I have Solaris-10 x86 (running on HP hardware), with 12 non-global zones running on this. I have to install latest patch cluster/set on this server. This server is not under backup schedule, so before installing patch cluster, I want to keep a backup. In case of any issue (bad patch or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies
IONICE(1)							   User Commands							 IONICE(1)

NAME
ionice - set or get process I/O scheduling class and priority SYNOPSIS
ionice [-c class] [-n level] [-t] -p PID... ionice [-c class] [-n level] [-t] command [argument...] DESCRIPTION
This program sets or gets the I/O scheduling class and priority for a program. If no arguments or just -p is given, ionice will query the current I/O scheduling class and priority for that process. When command is given, ionice will run this command with the given arguments. If no class is specified, then command will be executed with the "best-effort" scheduling class. The default priority level is 4. As of this writing, a process can be in one of three scheduling classes: Idle A program running with idle I/O priority will only get disk time when no other program has asked for disk I/O for a defined grace period. The impact of an idle I/O process on normal system activity should be zero. This scheduling class does not take a priority argument. Presently, this scheduling class is permitted for an ordinary user (since kernel 2.6.25). Best-effort This is the effective scheduling class for any process that has not asked for a specific I/O priority. This class takes a priority argument from 0-7, with a lower number being higher priority. Programs running at the same best-effort priority are served in a round-robin fashion. Note that before kernel 2.6.26 a process that has not asked for an I/O priority formally uses "none" as scheduling class, but the I/O scheduler will treat such processes as if it were in the best-effort class. The priority within the best-effort class will be dynamically derived from the CPU nice level of the process: io_priority = (cpu_nice + 20) / 5. For kernels after 2.6.26 with the CFQ I/O scheduler, a process that has not asked for an I/O priority inherits its CPU scheduling class. The I/O priority is derived from the CPU nice level of the process (same as before kernel 2.6.26). Realtime The RT scheduling class is given first access to the disk, regardless of what else is going on in the system. Thus the RT class needs to be used with some care, as it can starve other processes. As with the best-effort class, 8 priority levels are defined denoting how big a time slice a given process will receive on each scheduling window. This scheduling class is not permitted for an ordinary (i.e., non-root) user. OPTIONS
-c, --class class Specify the name or number of the scheduling class to use; 0 for none, 1 for realtime, 2 for best-effort, 3 for idle. -n, --classdata level Specify the scheduling class data. This only has an effect if the class accepts an argument. For realtime and best-effort, 0-7 are valid data (priority levels). -p, --pid PID... Specify the process IDs of running processes for which to get or set the scheduling parameters. -t, --ignore Ignore failure to set the requested priority. If command was specified, run it even in case it was not possible to set the desired scheduling priority, which can happen due to insufficient privileges or an old kernel version. -h, --help Display help and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. EXAMPLES
# ionice -c 3 -p 89 Sets process with PID 89 as an idle I/O process. # ionice -c 2 -n 0 bash Runs 'bash' as a best-effort program with highest priority. # ionice -p 89 91 Prints the class and priority of the processes with PID 89 and 91. NOTES
Linux supports I/O scheduling priorities and classes since 2.6.13 with the CFQ I/O scheduler. AUTHORS
Jens Axboe <jens@axboe.dk> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The ionice command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2011 IONICE(1)