Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Number some lines discard others? Post 302753273 by Fundix on Tuesday 8th of January 2013 10:51:22 AM
Old 01-08-2013
Can you please explain the usage of the 1 after the action ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending line number to each line and getting total number of lines

Hello, I need help in appending the line number of each line to the file and also to get the total number of lines. Can somebody please help me. I have a file say: abc def ccc ddd ffff The output should be: Instance1=abc Instance2=def Instance3=ccc Instance4=ddd Instance5=ffff ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
2 Replies

2. Programming

how to discard instruction from previous signal

hello everyone, I'm having a problem doing signal handling so I post this thread to see if I could get help. I want asynchronous signal handling, that means when I'm processing a signal (signal 1), if the same signal comes (signal 2) that signal (signal 2) shall be processed; and moreover,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvhoang
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number lines of file and assign variable to each number

I have a file with a list of config files numbered on the lefthand side 1-300. I need to have bash read each lines number and assign it to a variable so it can be chosen by the user called by the script later. Ex. 1 some data 2 something else 3 more stuff which number do you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

count the number of lines that start with the number

I have a file with contents similar to this. abcd 1234 4567 7666 jdjdjd 89289 9382 92 jksdj 9823 298 I want to write a shell script which count the number of lines that start with the number (disregard the lines starting with alphabets) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed discard chars after last _

Hi, I'd get fields like unix_linux_form_yyyyddmmhhmi.file.txt shell_programming_and_scripting.txt so on... and want them as below unix_linux_form shell_programming_and I could remove everything after a '.' as below echo $field | sed 's/\..*//' but how to remove... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find pattern and discard lines before it?

Hi all, I'd like to search a file for the first occurence of the phrase "PLASTICS THAT EXPIRE" and then discard all the lines that came before it. Output the remainder to a new file. Operating system is hp-ux. I've searched for usual awk and sed one liners but can't find a solution. Thank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines for number greater than given number

Hello, I am newbie to bash scripting. Could someone help me with the following. I have log file with output as shown below **************************LOG************************* 11/20/2013 9:11:23.64 Pinging xx.xx.xx.xx with 32 bytes of data: 11/20/2013 9:11:23.64 Reply from xx.xx.xx.xx:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meena_2013
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Discard part of a file based on a pattern ---

I have the file: s3_T0(2) Pos "1" "2" s1_T1(2) Pos "1" "2" --- 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 --- 1 2 "tau0" 1 2 "h10" I want to patternmatch on --- and get only the third part i.e. 1 2 "tau0" 1 2 "h10" I wanted to start simple but even something like (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagle_fly
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crunch character combination and discard similar content

Hi guys ! I generated the power set of the set S={a,b,c} using crunch: crunch 1 3 abc and get the 39 possible subsets: a b c aa ab ac ba bb bc ca cb cc … (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print number of lines for files in directory, also print number of unique lines

I have a directory of files, I can show the number of lines in each file and order them from lowest to highest with: wc -l *|sort 15263 Image.txt 16401 reference.txt 40459 richtexteditor.txt How can I also print the number of unique lines in each file? 15263 1401 Image.txt 16401... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
15 Replies
Gnome2::Canvas::RichText(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Gnome2::Canvas::RichText(3pm)

NAME
Gnome2::Canvas::RichText - Rich text canvas item HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Glib::InitiallyUnowned +----Gtk2::Object +----Gnome2::Canvas::Item +----Gnome2::Canvas::RichText METHODS
textbuffer = $text->get_buffer $text->set_buffer ($buffer) o $buffer (Gtk2::TextBuffer) $text->copy_clipboard $text->cut_clipboard textiter = $text->get_iter_at_location ($x, $y) o $x (integer) o $y (integer) rectangle = $text->get_iter_location ($iter) o $iter (Gtk2::TextIter) $text->paste_clipboard PROPERTIES
'anchor' (Gtk2::AnchorType : default "north-west" : readable / writable) Anchor point for text 'cursor-blink' (boolean : default true : readable / writable) Does the cursor blink in this rich text item? 'cursor-visible' (boolean : default true : readable / writable) Is the cursor visible in this rich text item? 'direction' (Gtk2::DirectionType : default "tab-backward" : readable / writable) Text direction 'editable' (boolean : default true : readable / writable) Is this rich text item editable? 'grow-height' (boolean : default false : readable / writable) Should the text box height grow if the text does not fit? 'height' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) Height for text box 'indent' (integer : default 0 : readable / writable) Number of pixels for indentation 'justification' (Gtk2::Justification : default "left" : readable / writable) Justification mode 'left-margin' (integer : default 0 : readable / writable) Number of pixels in the left margin 'pixels-above-lines' (integer : default 0 : readable / writable) Number of pixels to put above lines 'pixels-below-lines' (integer : default 0 : readable / writable) Number of pixels to put below lines 'pixels-inside-wrap' (integer : default 0 : readable / writable) Number of pixels to put inside the wrap 'right-margin' (integer : default 0 : readable / writable) Number of pixels in the right margin 'text' (string : default undef : readable / writable) Text to display 'visible' (boolean : default true : readable / writable) Is this rich text item visible? 'width' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) Width for text box 'wrap-mode' (Gtk2::WrapMode : default "word" : readable / writable) Wrap mode for multiline text 'x' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) X position 'y' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) Y position SIGNALS
tag-changed (Gnome2::Canvas::RichText, Glib::Object) ENUMS AND FLAGS
enum Gtk2::AnchorType o 'center' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_CENTER' o 'north' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_NORTH' o 'north-west' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_NORTH_WEST' o 'north-east' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_NORTH_EAST' o 'south' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_SOUTH' o 'south-west' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_SOUTH_WEST' o 'south-east' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_SOUTH_EAST' o 'west' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_WEST' o 'east' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_EAST' o 'n' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_N' o 'nw' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_NW' o 'ne' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_NE' o 's' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_S' o 'sw' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_SW' o 'se' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_SE' o 'w' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_W' o 'e' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_E' enum Gtk2::DirectionType o 'tab-forward' / 'GTK_DIR_TAB_FORWARD' o 'tab-backward' / 'GTK_DIR_TAB_BACKWARD' o 'up' / 'GTK_DIR_UP' o 'down' / 'GTK_DIR_DOWN' o 'left' / 'GTK_DIR_LEFT' o 'right' / 'GTK_DIR_RIGHT' enum Gtk2::Justification o 'left' / 'GTK_JUSTIFY_LEFT' o 'right' / 'GTK_JUSTIFY_RIGHT' o 'center' / 'GTK_JUSTIFY_CENTER' o 'fill' / 'GTK_JUSTIFY_FILL' enum Gtk2::WrapMode o 'none' / 'GTK_WRAP_NONE' o 'char' / 'GTK_WRAP_CHAR' o 'word' / 'GTK_WRAP_WORD' o 'word-char' / 'GTK_WRAP_WORD_CHAR' SEE ALSO
Gnome2::Canvas, Glib::Object, Glib::InitiallyUnowned, Gtk2::Object, Gnome2::Canvas::Item COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2004 by the Gtk2-Perl Team. This software is licensed under the LGPL; see Gnome2::Canvas for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-16 Gnome2::Canvas::RichText(3pm)