Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract string between 2 special characters Post 302753097 by Subbeh on Tuesday 8th of January 2013 04:33:07 AM
Old 01-08-2013
This is a way to do it with perl:
Code:
perl -ne 'push(@a,/\$\$([^\$]*)\$\$/g); END { print join("|",@a) }' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add string after another string with special characters

Hello everyone, I'm writing a script to add a string to an XML file, right after a specified string that only occurs once in the file. For testing purposes I created a file 'testfile' that looks like this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 6 7 8 9 And this is the script as far as I've managed: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heliode
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with find and replace w/string containing special characters

Can I get some help on this please, I have looked at the many post with similar questions and have tried the solutions and they are not working for my scenario which is: I have a text file (myfile) that contains b_log=$g_log/FILENAME.log echo "Begin processing file FILENAME " >> $b_log ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAGIRL
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove special characters from string

Hi there, I'd like to write a script that removes any set of character from any string. The first argument would be the string, the second argument would be the characters to remove. For example: $ myscript "My name's Santiago. What's yours?" "atu" My nme's Snigo. Wh's yors? I wrote the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
11 Replies

4. Programming

C++ Special Characters in a String?

Hello. How can i put all of the special characters on my keyboard into a string in c++ ? I tried this but it doesn't work. string characters("~`!@#$%^&*()_-+=|\}]{ How can i accomplish this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbreiny
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing string with special characters in shell

Hi, I am trying to replace a string in shell but it is not working correctly. @xcom.file@ needs to be replaced with tb137 Plz help.Thx. Please use and tags when posting code, data or logs etc. to preserve formatting and enhance readability, thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish72
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove string between two special characters

Hi All, I have a variable like AVAIL="\ BACK:bkpstg:testdb3.iad.expertcity.com:backtest|\ #AUTH:authstg:testdb3.iad.expertcity.com:authiapd|\ TEST:authstg:testdb3.iad.expertcity.com:authiapd|\ " What I want to do here is that If a find # before any entry, remove the entire string... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: engineermayur
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove some special characters in a string?

Hi, I have string like this ="Lookup Procedure" But i want the output like this Lookup Procedure =," should be removed. Please suggest me the solution. Regards, Madhuri (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimadhuri
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract string between two special characters

Hi, I have a file that looks something like >1-18*anc... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyu429
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to replace the string with special characters

{"name":"alR_pl-ENVIRONMENT_192_168_211_123_sDK_PROVISION_7","description":"aLR_pl-ENVIRONMENT_192_168_211_123_sDK_PROVISION_7","json_class":"Chef::Role","default_attributes":{},"override_attributes":{"yoapp":{"jboss":"5.1.0","port":"2243","warname":"soap","datacenter":"alR","ip":"192.168.211.123","... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract string between two special chracters

Hi Folks - I'm trying to extract the string between two special characters, the "-" and "." symbols. The string format is as such: _PBCS_URL_PRD=https://plan-a503777.pbcs.us6.ocloud.com _PBCS_URL_TST=https://pln-test-a503777.pbcs.us6.ocloud.comIn the above case, I need to extract "a503777".... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)