Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to grep an empty line in a specific column of a file? Post 302753033 by itkamaraj on Tuesday 8th of January 2013 01:51:42 AM
Old 01-08-2013
Code:

awk -F, '$4==""' input.txt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieve line from a file based on a value in specific column

Hi, I have a file that has several values seperated by ":" 2006:John:Student:Football:Portugal:Cinema 2006:James:Engineer:Basket:Poland:Theatre 2007:Lucy:Diver:Gymnastic:England:Music 2007:Smith:Plumber:Basket:Spain:Poker I need make a filter based on the 5th field to find countries that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: efernandes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(cont) Retrieve line from a file based on a value in specific column

HI, Your help was great: awk -F":" '$5 ~ /^P/{print }' file I would like to know what changes need to be done to this line code, so that I can put it in a shell script and call it as the example below. example: countries that start with chacater 'P' > country P Result: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: efernandes
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep on specific line of the file

Hi, how can we search for a word (with case ignore )on specific line numbers ex: Awk /^regEX/ with condition on first line or second line Awk/^ regex1/ on line 1 Awk /^regEX2/ on line 3 thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rider29
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep a specific line from a file

Is there a way to grep only one line from a file listing name of files? If I use head -1 it's ok(the first line only) If I use head -2 it's not good because I have already checked the first line. I'd like something like this: while test $i -le $max do grep "$3" `head -$i temp.txt` >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Max89
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete empty spaces at specific column

Hi All, If anybody could help me with my scenario here. I have a statement file. Example of some content: DATE DESC Debit Credit Total Rate 02-Jan-08 Lodgement 200.00 1200.00 2.51 14-Sep-07 Withdrawal 50.00 1000.00 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yonez
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep specific records from a file of records that are separated by an empty line

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to Linux stuff. I have this kind of problem which couldn't solve alone. I have a text file with records separated by empty lines like this: ID: 20 Name: X Age: 19 ID: 21 Name: Z ID: 22 Email: xxx@yahoo.com Name: Y Age: 19 I want to grep records that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep from specific column in one file based on another file [Please help!]

Hey Guys, to keep it simple, I have an idFile: 1006006 1006008 1006011 1007002 ...... and famFile: 1006 1006001 1006016 1006017 1 1006 1006006 1006016 1006017 1 1006 1006007 0 0 2 1006 1006008 1006007 1006006 2 1006 1006010 1006016 1006017 2 1006 1006011 1006016 1006017 1 1006... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zoho
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read particular line in file from specific column?

Hi...friends.... I want to create inventory...information for that I need to read some specific row say 2nd row from 1st 3 column and and write data with particular file used, I have some more column also but I need only 3 column data of first entry after header I attached sample file..those... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overwrite specific column in xml file with the specific column from adjacent line

I have an xml file dumped from rrd file, that I want to "patch" so the xml file doesn't contain any blank hole in the resulting graph of the rrd file. Here is the file. <!-- 2015-10-12 14:00:00 WIB / 1444633200 --> <row><v> 4.0419731265e+07 </v><v> 4.5045912770e+06... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)