Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris based project?
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris based project? Post 302752889 by DGPickett on Monday 7th of January 2013 05:18:31 PM
Old 01-07-2013
Solaris Admin is a strong flavor of UNIX Admin, and the SPARC flavor is mostly but not entirely overlapping the x86 flavor, a very accessible place to start. Mix in sites with old versions, tools, other SunOS, and it gets fun. Virtualization takes you one direction, Clustering another, and the Cloud potentially a third direction.

Different shops put Solaris in different roles, based on site customer politics. Being Sys Admin might not much flex a CS degree. You have to consider App and System Architecture, Distributed Robust systems, network and SAN architecture when putting together a shop. Then there is the whole related world of RDBMS and Data Architecture, service frameworks, web, J2EE, etc. To get hired, you need experience, so paid internship is golden.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

building solaris-based enterprise router-firewall project

hi guys, its been a while since my last visit here, could not keep up the pace on this ever changing industry :) i'd just doing my home research under vmware to make a solaris-based router-firewall using zones - doing a lot of reading about zones & review solaris zone functionality. and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stdout
4 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

problem in a shell based project

i have a bank project in shell script.it has a module called deposit.when i am entering an amount and commit a mistake like entering char instead of numbers and so on and repeating it, suppose 3 times,then it is rejected by amount validation code. every thing is fine upto these steps. but after 3... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dharmendramiet
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i need help i solaris project ideas

i am studying solaris and i am assigned to do the course graduation project based in solaris . could anybody help me in issue by giving me some ideas or instructions thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mka87
1 Replies

4. Hardware

Need ideas for graduation project based on unix or linux

Dear all, i am in last year of electronics department in engineering faculty i need suggestions for a graduation project based on unix or free bsd or linux and electronics "embedded linux " i think about embedded unix for example or device drivers please i need helps (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MOHA-1
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need ideas for graduation project based on unix or linux Need ideas for graduation project based on

Dear all, i am in last year of electronics department in engineering faculty i need suggestions for a graduation project based on unix or free bsd or linux and electronics "embedded linux " i think about embedded unix for example or device drivers please i need helps (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

1 Replies

8. Open Source

Project planing - with Linux based solutions

Hello, Please suggest or share any of your experience for the following requests: Request: 1. Creation of the local network. The company will be in the field of IT. 10-15 persons. 10 will be physically in the office. The local network should be secured and all the files and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AQwert
0 Replies
ibcm(7D)							      Devices								  ibcm(7D)

NAME
ibcm - Solaris InfiniBand Communication Manager DESCRIPTION
The Solaris InfiniBand Communication Manager (IBCM) is a Solaris kernel misc module that adheres to the InfiniBand Architecture Specifica- tion, Volume 1: Release 1.1 for InfiniBand Communication Management Class. IBCM provides a transport layer abstraction to IB clients to set up reliable connected channels along with service, multicast, and path lookup-related functionality. IBCM implements the CM protocol as per the InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 and utilizes the InfiniBand Management Framework module for all IB management-related functionality and the InfiniBand Transport Layer (see ibtl(7D)) for all IB Verbs-related functionality. FILES
/kernel/misc/ibcm 32-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/misc/amd64/ibcm 64-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/misc/sparcv9/ibcm 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | Consolidation Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhea | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ibtl(7D) InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 SunOS 5.11 2 Apr 2004 ibcm(7D)