Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 x86 installation troubles - 8G disk limit Post 302752117 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 5th of January 2013 04:38:42 PM
Old 01-05-2013
the installer already gave you the solution... you'll need to run fdsik for your device and give the disk the appropriate layout. the installer should give you the possibility to do so. if not, boot up in single user from your cd or download the live cd and fix your disk from there...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 installation on X86

During installation on the desktop the error message crops up. "Failed to initialize hotplug controllers". Any help. Thanks. Chad (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike Chad
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 x86 Installation Will Not Boot From CD Disks

Problem: Am trying to install Solaris 10 x86 on a desktop PC (PC details unspecified) from downloaded iso images (5 in all) on 5 CD disks. These were downloaded from the Sun website and unzipped. I install Disk 1of 5 into the CD drive and then restart the machine, thinkng that it will launch... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk Mirroring for Solaris 10 x86

I am having an issue with setting up disk mirroring for Solaris 10 on an x86 server. My main problem is that the volumes and slices have already been setup and our proprietary software has already been installed and configured. The entire drive has been allocated in this configuration and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuck43
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 on X86 Platform on the same Disk having XP SP2

Plz help me in installing solaris 10 11/06 on XP sp2 system having only one hard disk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skargarika
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 Platform with Xp SP2 as dual boot

Please help to install Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 platform with XP Sp2 as dual boot . Iam not unable to complete the installation as it shows that NO DISK AVAILABLE even i have assigned the unpartioned space of 30 GB PLz help me as my life was tired to do Installation before i retire from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skargarika
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't have the GRUB menu for solaris x86 installation

Dears, I'm trying to install solaris x86 on sun x4170 M2 I started connecting consol to the machine but when I do the reset /SYS command nothing changed I can see that the /SYS is powered on but I can get the GRUB menu to start the installation of the solaris. the solaris DVD is already... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: engwzwz
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Problems cloning Solaris 10 x86 Installation to bigger HDD

Dear All, I have been trying to move my existing Solaris Installation (x86, 10/08) to a bigger HDD. So I created a 22 cylinder boot partition and used the rest of the space for a Solaris2 partition. Then I created slices same size like on my current disk. I copied all files with cpio and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigT79
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris x86 extend disk

hi all! i extend disk on SPARC solaris without problems, but with x86 Solaris 10 i have some troubles . Help pls iostat show me updated disk size, but in format i can't choose Auto configure options to use modified slice # iostat -E c0d1 cmdk1 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijj
4 Replies
installer(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     installer(1M)

NAME
installer - Solaris Web Start installer utility SYNOPSIS
installer [-locales list] [-nodisplay] [-noconsole] [-debug] DESCRIPTION
The installer utility invokes a Web Start install wizard sequence which will lead the user through a sequence of installation panels. This installer utility is found on many CDs that are shipped with Solaris and it will be found among the top level files of these CDs. When the installer is on a CD being accessed from a desktop file manager, the installer can be double clicked to start the installation sequence. If the user is not currently the system's root user, the root user password will be requested. The installer utility can also be run from other UNIX scripts. Usually, a script is used in conjunction with the utility's -nodis- play option. Add the -noconsole option for non-interactive scripts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -locales list Selects product translations for install, corresponding to the specified list of locales if the specified locale transla- tions are present on the installation media. Locales are supplied in a comma-separated list following the -locales option. An example list would appear as follows: installer -locales fr,de,it This would install products with translations for the French, German, and Italian locales. -nodisplay Runs the install without a graphical user interface. Use the default product install unless it was modified by the -locales options. -noconsole Run the install without any interactive text console device. Useful when paired with -nodisplay for non-interactive UNIX script use. -debug Outputs extra information about what the install is doing. Mainly for install diagnostic purposes. FILES
/var/sadm/install/logs location of installation log files SEE ALSO
prodreg(1M) SunOS 5.10 11 December 2001 installer(1M)