Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to send a file in email from Solaris box to MS outlook 2010 Post 302751851 by buzzme on Friday 4th of January 2013 03:33:53 PM
Old 01-04-2013
How to send a file in email from Solaris box to MS outlook 2010

Hi

I have input file in solaris machine and my question is..,how to send email that input file to Microsoft outlook 2010 in excel /xls format.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

email file to Outlook using fixed font

I have a unix script that emails output from a sql script. Problem is that the email, once received in Outlook, is in a variable width font which misaligns the columns (I assume it picks up the users default font). Is there any way to send the desired fixed-width font to Outlook via mailx or elm?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonimac_az
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using mailx to send a log file to my outlook e-mail account

I like to use mailx -s to send an entire xxxxx.log to my outlook e-mail account. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Send email from solaris to exchange

Can i send e-mail from solaris to exchange?How can i configure the solaris?thks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jowvid
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send email from HP Unix box

Hi everyone, I am new to HP/UX and I would like to know if there is a way to receive system alerts and logs via email on daily bases. Recently our system crashed due to Hard Disk failure, and since then we are checking ELM every day. I would like to automate that process and have UNIX mail send... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eurouno
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

outlook 2010 issue on Mac

I just got Apple MAC, another user left the company. So I am taking over the support for Mac. Any way, after setting up the MS- Outlook on Mac, I don't see " Archive " folder. I do see all other folders, on my Windows 7 laptop I do see the Archive. Any idea why I don't see that on MAC ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Send email from outlook to server

Hi, I am sending an email from Microsoft Outlook 2010 (microsoft exchange) to a unix server. I am not receiving the email in server but I am getting the following error in outlook. Your message: From: x@y.com Subject: Could not be delivered because the domain name was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from windows outlook in to UNIX box.

HI All, I am using a windows RDP machine . from the RDP i am opening a putty session of a unix server.i have outlook installed in the windows RDP machine, and if i get a file inthe outlook mail how can i copy it to a location in the putty unix machine. Please help me!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)