Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Renaming all files inside a zipped file Post 302751389 by Yoda on Thursday 3rd of January 2013 11:51:48 PM
Old 01-04-2013
My bad, put echo to verify the results of trim and later embedded between parentheses. That is indeed unnecessary. Thanks for pointing that out. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it? using grep command.. Bit urgent.. pls..help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senraj01
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greping from zipped files without unzipping

I have more than 500 gzipped files in a directory. I have one lookup file in the same directory with 200 key values. I need to get the name of the gzipped file which have any of these 200 key values. Here my criteria is do not unzip the files due to space constraint. Any suggestion? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_kanu
3 Replies

3. Linux

grep thru zipped files

Hi All, I need to check the logs and grep it. The problem is that the previous days are zipped with *.gz. How do grep on the *.gz? Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between 2 zipped text files.

Hi, I have below two zipped files - file1.gz 023384148,1,,,02077301961,R,02077301961,N,0,02077301961,N,0,0,8010,02077300518,U,N,,02077300518,U,20100501011732,20100501011732,0,20100501011815,00000430,16,16,10,N;... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy all zipped files from one folder to another

Hi everyone, when I try to copy *.gz files run cp within the correct source folder it works as follow: Source folder = C:/Documents and Settings/user/Recent papers/2771/ Destination folder = C:/Documents and Settings/user/My documents/1532/temp cp *.gz "C:/Documents and Settings/user/My... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files in one file from names in other

Hi Guys, I have a small problem of renaming multiple files. For example I have names of a set of files in one directory like K2_34625-34675 K7_988963-988983 K12_773882-7734102 and the other set corresponding to the same is U_P_321_9_3_11.ab1 U_P_322_9_3_11.ab1 U_P_323_9_3_11.ab1 Now... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
23 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grepping files and then renaming file

Hi, What is the easiest way to list a directory with 1000s of filenames, grep it for a certain sequence of numbers, and if found to rename the file by the value you are grepping. eg The file I am examining will looks like this: 1234 1224343 2324 244 35665 If I am examining a list... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mantis
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming the file name for n number of files

Hi , I am kind of new to shell scripting and found a situation to handle ... I have few files which will be ftpd in to our sustem , the file names needs to be renamed based on condition. ------------ Eg file names :- AE_JUNFOR_2013_MTD_2013-04-09-08-30-09.TXT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chillblue
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Work with huge Zipped files

Hello dear members, I have one general and one specific question which I will be very grateful if you could help me with them. Let's start with my general question: 1. I am working on cluster computer shared with other people and I need to manipulate a big zipped text file of 13 GB. There is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Homa
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabing the same timestamp from files that are ZIPPED

Hi, I am zipping more than 20 files that has same timestamp in all of them. I need to create the zip file with the same timestamp as in the files that are zipped. So I have files: Dummytest_20140601W110515_file1.txt Dummytest_20140601W110515_file2.txt ....... .......... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
5 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)