Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove regularly repeated lines Post 302751179 by rdrtx1 on Thursday 3rd of January 2013 10:36:16 AM
Old 01-03-2013
try:
Code:
awk '{if (++c % 6 && !d) {e=d=0; print } else {if (++e % 4) {d=1; c=0} else {print "\n"$0; d=e=0}}}' input

Last edited by rdrtx1; 01-03-2013 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: added blocks of 5 spacing
This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove repeated line using Perl

I am new to Perl and in text file of around 1000 lines having around 500 repeated line which I felt is no use and want to remove these line.so can somebody help in same for providing sample code how can i remove these repeated line in a file. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinesh.4126
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove anything after repeated string pattern found

HI, Can anyone help me with a script. i/p calc 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 calc 4 5 6 calc 7 8 9 o/p calc 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 calc 4 5 6 i.e remove anything after where two times the string calc is found. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove brackets and put it in a column and remove repeated entry

Hi all, I want to remove the remove bracket sign ( ) and put in the separate column I also want to remove the repeated entry like in first row in below input (PA156) is repeated ESR1 (PA156) leflunomide (PA450192) (PA156) leflunomide (PA450192) CHST3 (PA26503) docetaxel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to print lines between repeated pattern

Hi all, I have a file that looks like this: uid=bessemsj version: 1 dn: cn=Desk SpecialAdminDesk, ou=Desks, dc=DSS,c=nl,o=Vodafone dn: cn=DSS Advisors, ou=Groups, dc=DSS,c=nl,o=Vodafone dn: cn=DSS Dispatcher,ou=Groups,dc=DSS,c=nl,o=Vodafone dn: cn=Desk Retention Desk,ou=Desks,... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eman_in_forum
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Remove and replace repeated in file

Hi, i need to read a line from a file and count the number of times it appear in, then continuous to the second line with the same. So when i count a line i have to remove all duplicates in the file to not count it another time. while read line do n=$(grep -c $line File) print "$line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ToniX
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting most repeated 3 lines

Hi all if i want to get the 3 lines of the most repeated lines here tony,1,x tony,1,x tony,2,x tony,2,x tony,3,x tony,4,x tony,5,x adam,1,y to get output tony,1,x tony,2,x tony3,x adam,1,y (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teefa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files with repeated lines

Hi all, I've been trying to write a script to compare two files. This is what I want: file 1: a 1 2 b 5 9 c 4 7 file 2: a a c a b Output: a 1 2 a 1 2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ernesto561
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeated lines-case sensitive

Hi, users file contains below names i have a requirement to keep only one case sensitive user. For e.g if user name is "aaa" then only aaa should be there in the file and other matching users(AAA,aaA) should be deleted. Tried multiple options but no luck can you please help. aaa abc AAA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove repeated letter words

Hi, I have this text file with these words and I need help with removing words with repeated letter from these lines. 1 ama 5 bib 29 bob 2 bub 5 civic 2 dad 10 deed 1 denned 335 did 1 eeee 1 eeeee 2 eke 8... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crepe6
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines which has been repeated 4 times

Remove duplicate lines which has been repeated 4 times attached test.txt below command tried and not getting expect output. for i in `cat test.txt | uniq` do num=`cat test.txt | grep $i | wc -l` echo $i $num done test.txt ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalia
17 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)