Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question about I/O sources
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question about I/O sources Post 302750917 by santiagorf on Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 11:33:47 PM
Old 01-03-2013
[solved] Question about I/O sources

Hi all,
What is the difference between these two comands?
sed s/a/b/ <f1 >f2
sed s/a/b/ f1 >f2

Best,
santiagorf

Last edited by santiagorf; 01-03-2013 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: solved

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix sources

hello, i'm looking for the sources of the old, original unices (v3 preferred). could someone point a link? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdarkangel
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sources for Raid Information

All, I have worked with UNIX for quite a while but never with raid. My section has just taken control of 3 servers each with different configurations and all running raids. My question for everyone is can you recommend any books that I can purchase or web sites that deal specifically with how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 3grls=1hd8
1 Replies

3. Linux

Kernel sources

I"m installing my ATI card in FC4. I'm going off of instructions that i've found. The firs step says that i need my kernel sources which i've got then it says that i've gotta unpack them so i can make links to the file later. My kernel sources that i've got are .src.rpm I've installed them but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: byblyk
1 Replies

4. Linux

Makefile with sources in diferent folders

Hi guys! I have a problem to create a makefile when using 2 types of sources. Suppose we have sources at master_source folder: - 1.c - 2.c and also we have sources at platform_source folder: - 1.c I really need to use platform_source folder because there is many of them (one folder with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: borzh62
8 Replies

5. SuSE

FAILED during patching kernel sources

Hi all. I have an issue with kernel patching. My system: OpenSuse 10.2, kernel version: 2.6.18.2. I've downloaded the patch from kernel.org - 2.6.26. I've invoked the following command: "patch -p1 -f < patch-2.6.26" (-f - because some files are not exist. to automatically skip this issues).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vourhey
2 Replies

6. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Are the UnixWare 7.1.1 sources available?

So, I was browsing groklaw.net, and I was surprised to read that Pamela Jones was reading the copyright notices in the UnixWare 7.1.1 source code files... Groklaw - Santa Cruz Listed Novell as Owning the Copyrights in 1999 How can that be? Are the UnixWare 7.1.1 sources available to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pepinox
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Building OpenSolaris from sources

Everyone knows the project LFS (Linux from scratch), it is a book-assembly instructions GNU / Linux from source code. I managed to gather, then my knowledge of GNU / Linux grew, learned many new commands, edit config-files, base packages, kernel, etc. .. Now I would like also to explore... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geekon
0 Replies

8. Debian

Repositories in sources.list

I'm just interested to know how your sources.list look like. I got some repositories witch give some errors and I would like to clean it up. and when I do apt-get update I get few lines showing errors like 404 , this is how my list look like: # deb cdrom:/ squeeze main # deb cdrom:/... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zdorian
0 Replies

9. Programming

Can anyone provide some sources about bank IT

I am working in IT company working for banks.I find hardly to get technology about bank IT on the internet.Consider banks all using Unix, I think I can get some help here. Recommend some sits or books about bank IT will be very helpful!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hhdzhu
0 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)