Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parse find input into array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse find input into array Post 302750823 by jrymer on Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 02:49:56 PM
Old 01-02-2013
Parse find input into array

I need help parsing the output of find into an array. I need to search 3 directories and find all files older than 31 days old. This is what I have so far.

Code:
TIME=" -maxdepth 1 -mtime +31"
DIR1="/dir1/"
DIR2="/dir2/"
DIR3="/dir3/"

FIND_DIR1=$(find ${DIR1}${TIME})
FIND_DIR3=$(find ${DIR2}${TIME})
FIND_DIR3=$(find ${DIR3}${TIME})

IFS=' ' read -a array <<< "$FIND_DIR1"
for element in "${array[@]}"
do
    echo "$element"
done

When I echo the FIND_DIR variables, it prints out..
/dir1/file1 /dir1/file2 separated by what I'm assuming is either white space or a tab.

The issue I'm having is when I try to put the output of the find into an array, array index 0 has both /dir1/file1and/dir1/file2

I need array index 0 to be file 1 and array index 1 to be file 2.

The above code will output /dir1/file1 for both array index 0 and array[@], it prints nothing when asked to print array index 1.

Thank you in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse a file and fill an array with it

Hi Guys, I am trying to do a file parse which is something like config file: machines= sha1 sha2 sha3 sha4 The bash script should be supporting upto 64 such machines what I want is to place the machines in an array and then use the array to ssh to each machine. The script I worte ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbmukund
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to parse/split input string and display the tokens

Hi, How do I parse/split lines (strings) read from a file and display the individual tokens in a shell script? Given that the length of individual lines is not constant and number of tokens in each line is also not constant. The input file could be as below: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

input text from file into 2d array

Hi all I have a little brainscratcher here. I want to draw a pie chart from data in a text file. The drawing of the graph works fine, if I insert the data manually into a 2d array. Now I want to pull the data from a text file (which was created using a uniq -c command) see sample below.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pietie
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse long input parameters

anybody know a nice way to parse long input parameters such as --path /dir1/dir2/ (see below). Now I have more than 10 input parameters and it's confusing having parameters like -q something, I would prefer longer ones case $OPTKEY in --path) M_PATH=$OPTARG ;; -s) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larne
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning values for a dynamic array for an input

Hello, Can somebody please give me a snippet for the below requirement. I want to assign the values separeted by a comma to be assigned to a dynamic array. If I give an input (read statement) like abc1,abc2,abc3,abc4,abc5, all these strings abc* should be assigned to an array like below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelj
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse input -AWK

Input File Defined configuration: cfg: CLL_DCC_Fabric_A BTS00P21; BAU_AP00P01QC; BAU_LGSCNJP02; BAU_TS00P20; BAU_DSMSM14; BAU_HT00P02; BAU_DSMSM13; BAU_HT00P01; cfg: CX0014_list BAU_TS00P20; BAU_NYP_PRODIAD1_CJ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script for parse input like option and value

I would create a bash script than parse like this: test.sh -p (protocol) -i (address) -d (directory) I need retrive the value after -p for example... understand??? I hope... thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ionral
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array from cli input

I need to create a bash array from the command line parameters. I only know how to do it when I know the number of parameters. But what do I do when I dont know the number of parameters? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse input of two files to be the same in awk

I have two files that I am going to use diff to find the differences but need to parse them before I do that. I have include the format of each file1 and file2 with the desired output of each (the first 5 fields in each file). The first file has a "chr" before the # that needs to be removed. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse section of csv into array

In the awk below I am trying to parse the Sample Name below the section. The values that are extracted are read into array s(each value in a row seperated by a space) which will be used later in a bash script. The awk does execute but no values are printed. I am also not sure how to print in a row... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
MONGOCOLLECTION.FINDONE(3)						 1						MONGOCOLLECTION.FINDONE(3)

MongoCollection::findOne - Queries this collection, returning a single element

SYNOPSIS
public array MongoCollection::findOne ([array $query = array()], [array $fields = array()], [array $options = array()]) DESCRIPTION
As opposed to MongoCollection.find(3), this method will return only the first result from the result set, and not a MongoCursor that can be iterated over. PARAMETERS
o $query - The fields for which to search. MongoDB's query language is quite extensive. The PHP driver will in almost all cases pass the query straight through to the server, so reading the MongoDB core docs on find is a good idea. Warning Please make sure that for all special query operaters (starting with $) you use single quotes so that PHP doesn't try to replace "$exists" with the value of the variable $exists. o $fields - Fields of the results to return. The array is in the format array('fieldname' => true, 'fieldname2' => true). The _id field is always returned. o $options - This parameter is an associative array of the form array("name" => <value>, ...). Currently supported options are: o "maxTimeMS"Specifies a cumulative time limit in milliseconds for processing the operation (does not include idle time). If the operation is not completed within the timeout period, a MongoExecutionTimeoutException will be thrown. RETURN VALUES
Returns record matching the search or NULL. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Throws MongoConnectionException if it cannot reach the database. CHANGELOG
+--------+------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+------------------------------------+ | 1.5.0 | | | | | | | Added optional $options argument. | | | | +--------+------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 MongoCollection::findOne document by its id. This example demonstrates how to find a single document in a collection by its id. <?php $articles = $mongo->my_db->articles; $article = $articles->findOne(array('_id' => new MongoId('47cc67093475061e3d9536d2'))); ?> Example #2 MongoCollection::findOne document by some condition. This example demonstrates how to find a single document in a collection by some condition and limiting the returned fields. <?php $users = $mongo->my_db->users; $user = $users->findOne(array('username' => 'jwage'), array('password')); print_r($user); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [_id] => MongoId Object ( ) [password] => test ) Notice how even though the document does have a username field, we limited the results to only contain the password field. SEE ALSO
MongoCollection.find(3), MongoCollection.insert(3), MongoDB core docs on find.. PHP Documentation Group MONGOCOLLECTION.FINDONE(3)