Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Need Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet Adapter CD or ixge driver Post 302750729 by Lhao on Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 11:01:05 AM
Old 01-02-2013
Thank you

Thank you DukeNuke2. I'm going to see whether I can find the patch you pointed out. You are very helpful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Network performance problem between AIX and SUN ethernet gigabit

I am posting this as an FYI. I burned a lot of time on digging for this solution. The problem was performance between newer AIX p series boxes and a sun 4500 with a fiber nic. I tried many misc. solutions but this turned out to fix the issue. My bandwidth benchmark went from around 20MB/sec to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chuckw
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the MAC adress in ethernet adapter for SUN

I have installed in the server a quad ethernet adapter, I'm using two interfaces with two different IP networks, both interfaces are connected to a switch, the switch report that is receiving the same MAC address in both ports so must of the times I have connectivity problems. Any idea to change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mono673
1 Replies

3. SCO

Configuring Broadcom BCM5721 NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet

Hi, I have my server which has LAN with above model build onboard my Dell Server, I got this driver from SCO Unix website but yet to identify the following option: 1. PCI Slot- 2. Bus- 3. Device- 4. Function- Would anyone please kindly advice what should the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiderweb
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Ethernet Adapter Question

I have a Dual Boot system - XP with Solaris 10. I built the system from the ground up with different components and the Ethernet Card built into the Motherboard is a Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 T-base, RJ-45 Copper. I am unable to go to the Web as the Ethernet Card is still not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tubbyrana
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to install ethernet adapter on Sun Sparc M4000

hi all, How to install onboard ethernet card on Sun SPARC M4000 server? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
3 Replies

6. Solaris

SUN GIGABIT ETHERNET CARD

Hi, we have SUN Gigabit ethernet cards at the server, both have 2 lines connected but hiw can I found out which cable is on which port before I configure it: the cards has 4 ports , from right to left the cables are connected at the first right then 2 empty then the last at the left side. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manni2
1 Replies

7. AIX

Setting up an Integrated Virtual Ethernet adapter

All I am trying allocate an IVE to an LPAR (not a VIO) running AIX 7.1. I am getting the error: HSCL068A Explanation Logical port can not be assigned to Logical Partition because this Logical Partition is not the promiscuous LPAR for the physical port. Has anyone encountered this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Ethernet Adapter not detected.

Hi, I have installed Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 in my PC. After the installation the Ethernet Card is not got detected. But I could able to get the details using the command lspci -a: 01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (rev b0). But I could... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidhu.anu
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Qlogic 10G Ethernet adapter not working

Hi Community, i have one issue with 10 fiber ethernet adapter. here is my details: root@new-bpel.example.com #dladm show-dev bge0 link: unknown speed: 0 Mbps duplex: unknown bge1 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full qlge2 link:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Red Hat 7 cannot recognize ethernet adapter

Hello community, I have a Proliant HP DL380P with the following network adapters: NetXtreme BCM5719 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (Ethernet 1Gb 4-port 331FLR Adapter) 82580 Gigabit Network Connection (NC365T 4-port Ethernet Server Adapter) I installed Red Hat 7.2 but it recognizes only the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
9 Replies
CAS(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    CAS(4)

NAME
cas -- Sun Cassini/Cassini+ and National Semiconductor DP83065 Saturn Gigabit Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device miibus device cas Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_cas="YES" DESCRIPTION
The cas driver provides support for the Sun Cassini/Cassini+ and National Semiconductor DP83065 Saturn Gigabit Ethernet controllers found on- board in Sun UltraSPARC machines and as add-on cards. All controllers supported by the cas driver have TCP/UDP checksum offload capability for both receive and transmit, support for the reception and transmission of extended frames for vlan(4) and an interrupt coalescing/moderation mechanism as well as a 512-bit multicast hash filter. The cas driver also supports Jumbo Frames (up to 9022 bytes), which can be configured via the interface MTU setting. Selecting an MTU larger than 1500 bytes with the ifconfig(8) utility configures the adapter to receive and transmit Jumbo Frames. HARDWARE
The chips supported by the cas driver are: o National Semiconductor DP83065 Saturn Gigabit Ethernet o Sun Cassini Gigabit Ethernet o Sun Cassini+ Gigabit Ethernet The following add-on cards are known to work with the cas driver at this time: o Sun GigaSwift Ethernet 1.0 MMF (Cassini Kuheen) (part no. 501-5524) o Sun GigaSwift Ethernet 1.0 UTP (Cassini) (part no. 501-5902) o Sun GigaSwift Ethernet UTP (GCS) (part no. 501-6719) o Sun Quad GigaSwift Ethernet UTP (QGE) (part no. 501-6522) NOTES
On sparc64 the cas driver respects the local-mac-address? system configuration variable which can be set in the Open Firmware boot monitor using the setenv command or by eeprom(8). If set to ``false'' (the default), the cas driver will use the system's default MAC address for all of its devices. If set to ``true'', the unique MAC address of each interface is used if present rather than the system's default MAC address. Supported interfaces having their own MAC address include on-board versions on boards equipped with more than one Ethernet interface and all add-on cards. SEE ALSO
altq(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), vlan(4), eeprom(8), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The cas device driver appeared in FreeBSD 8.0 and FreeBSD 7.3. It is named after the cas driver which first appeared in OpenBSD 4.1 and sup- ports the same set of controllers but is otherwise unrelated. AUTHORS
The cas driver was written by Marius Strobl <marius@FreeBSD.org> based on the gem(4) driver. BSD
May 3, 2010 BSD