Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How can i segregate?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can i segregate? Post 302750659 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 06:25:22 AM
Old 01-02-2013
EDIT: Misread the question

Last edited by Franklin52; 01-02-2013 at 07:41 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

segregate the file based on matching patterns

print 'test' SETUSER 'dbo' go create proc abc as /Some code here/ go SETUSER go print 'test1' SETUSER 'dbo' go Create Procedure xyz as /some code here/ go SETUSER go print 'test2' SETUSER 'dbo' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to segregate dynamic and static content of a web application

I need to deploy a JAVA application on two separate servers: 1. Web server (IBM HTTP Web Servers (IHS)) 2. Application Server (WebSphere Application Server WAS7.0) The static content will have to be deployed and handled on Web server. These would include GIFs, HTML, CSS, etc files.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chani27
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segregate a number from a String in the log

Hi, I have below lines in the log file. how to segregate and assign '3904' to a variable. XCMM018I Return Code: 8 Feedback: 0 :&PNUM=3904: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjs
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segregate alpha and digits

I have a variable containing values like 10d2, 7a7, a8 or d6 (i.e. <digits><alpha><digits>. Out of these leading digits may not be there. Out of this, I want three variables. The first having value Inital digits, the second one will be alpha and the third will be trailing digits. (In the previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segregate by suffixed file names using Korn Shell

I have following files at /dir1 a.csv.20131201 b.csv.20131201 c.csv.20131201 d.csv.20131201 a.csv.20131202 b.csv.20131202 c.csv.20131202 d.csv.20131202 ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... I need to move these files to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JaisonJ
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Segregate file content using sed backreference

I have some text like EU1BTDAT:ASSGNDD filename='$SEQFILES/SUNIA.PJ008202.CARDLIB/DATECARD' EU1BTDATEST:ASSGNDD filename='$SEQFILES/SUNIA.PJ008202.CARDLIB/DATECARD' EU1CLOSEDATES:ASSGNDD filename='$SEQFILES/SUNIA.PJ008202.CARDLIB/DATECARD' EU1DATED:ASSGNDD... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segregate files based on the time they are created

Hi All, I have scenario where I need to zip huge number of DB audit log files newer than 90 days and delete anything older than that. If the files are too huge in number,zipping will take long time and causing CPU spikes. To avoid this I wanted to segregate files based on how old they are and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeresh_15
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in awk: running a loop with one column and segregate data 4 each uniq value in that field

Hi All, I have a file like this(having 2 column). Column 1: like a,b,c.... Column 2: having numbers. I want to segregate those numbers based on column 1. Example: file. a 5 b 9 b 620 a 710 b 230 a 330 b 1910 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to segregate a section from big file?

Hello, I need to know all IP range (ip_prefix), associated with us-west-2 region only from this link - https://ip-ranges.amazonaws.com/ip-ranges.json (it can be opened in wordpad for better visibility) Please suggest, how would I do it. If vi, awk or sed is needed, I have downloaded it on my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies
CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)                                              CDBS Documentation                                              CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
cdbs-edit-patch - create or edit a CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch SYNOPSIS
cdbs-edit-patch patchname DESCRIPTION
cdbs-edit-patch creates or edits patches for use by the CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch system. For more information about CDBS please see the documentation under /usr/share/doc/cdbs/. When patchname exists, cdbs-edit-patch will set up a temporary working source tree, apply all patches up to and including patchname in lex- icographic order, and spawn an interactive shell for the developer. The developer can then edit files in this working tree. When the developer is done and exits the shell, cdbs-edit-patch updates patchname to reflect the changes made. To abort the process from the inter- active shell, exit with a nonzero exit value. When patchname does not exist, cdbs-edit-patch will assume that a new patch should be created. As with the above scenario, cdbs-edit-patch will first create a temporary working source tree and apply all patches up to the new patch in lexicographic order. When the shell is quit, cdbs-edit-patch will create patchname. AUTHOR
CDBS was written by Colin Walters and others. cdbs-edit-patch was written by Martin Pitt. This manual page was written by Peter Eisen- traut based on the dpatch-edit-patch(1) manual page. SEE ALSO
CDBS documentation in /usr/share/doc/cdbs/, /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk, dpatch-edit-patch(1), quilt(1) Debian 5 Feb 2006 CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)