Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX cache problem?
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) UNIX cache problem? Post 302750627 by mattiasvdm on Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 04:19:59 AM
Old 01-02-2013
Well I'm pretty new to unix scripting so FSEvents doesn't directly ring a bell. I've searched it and I think I understand what is does. But I don't really see the connection to my problem.
Is it maybe because I define two variables with the same path?
Code:
     installedversion=`/usr/bin/defaults read /location/plugin.plugin/Contents/Info CFBundleShortVersionString`
newlyinstalledversion=`/usr/bin/defaults read /location/plugin.plugin/Contents/Info CFBundleShortVersionString`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX problem? Unix programm runs windows 2000 CPU over 100%

Okee problems...!! What is happening: Unix server with some programms, workstations are windows 2000, the workstations work good but when you start a programm on the Unix server the CPU of the workstations go to 100% usage resulting that the system gets very slow. The programm well its running so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UBC cache vs. Metadata cache

hi, What is the difference between UBC cache and Metadata cache ? where can i find UBC cache Hits and Metadata cache Hits in hp-ux? Advanced thanx for the help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushaga
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Unix Cache / Buffer

Does anyone know how the unix buffer / cache is set in a Solaris based system ? ( I presume it is a kernel based setting ) I notice from SAR -d that my read cache is consistently at 100% but my write cache frequently falls below 65%. What does this mean. Should I be tuning the write cache and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

how can we spoof ethernet by ARP cache poisoning on unix through a program

how can we spoof ethernet by ARP cache poisoning on unix through a program... can anyone post the source code to achieve this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ud4u
1 Replies

6. Linux

Linux cache

Hi all I am trying to understand the kernel memory management and require assistance in this regard. Kernel first creates the cache memory to perform any subsequent allocation to processes. I could not figure out how it is accomplished. Do kernel directly allocates any hardware cache or allocates... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshighanshyam
0 Replies

7. Linux

getting info on Cache Size, Data Cache etc..

Hi all I saw in Microsoft web site www.SysInternals.com a tool called CoreInfo from able to print out on screen the size of the Data and Instruction caches of your processor, the Locigal to Physical Processor mapping, the number of the CPU sockets. etc.. Do you know if in Linux is available a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Performance problem - waiting on cache

My server is running HP-UX 11.23 and one Oracle database. The server has 8 CPUs and is mostly idle all the time. Buffer cache is set to 10%min/max with 5GB memory on the server. I have a user complaining that a batch process is all of a sudden taking a long time to finish. The DBA gave me the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
13 Replies

9. Linux

File cache /Page cache Linux

Hi All, could any one point out any open source test-suites for "File cache" testing and as well as performance test suites for the same. Currently my system is up with Linux/ext4. Regards Manish (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmanish
0 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS Cache Problem-Urgent !!!!!!

I have DNS Server running in solaris 10 . There is website called exaple.com ,whcih was hosted in this dns server with IP 1.2.3.4 ,now we deleted the DNS entry of that website from our DNS Server (db.exmaple.com is deleted from named.conf ) and it is hosted with some other name server with IP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep.tk
1 Replies
tuned.conf(5)						tuned.conf file format description					     tuned.conf(5)

NAME
tuned.conf - Tuned profile definition DESCRIPTION
This man page documents format of Tuned 2.0 profile definition files. Profile is stored in /etc/tuned/<profile_name>/tuned.conf or in /usr/lib/tuned/<profile_name>/tuned.conf file where the /etc/tuned/ directory has higher priority. The tuned.conf configures the profile and it is in ini-file format. MAIN SECTION
The main section is called "[main]" and can contain following options: include= Includes config file defined as value. Config file can be defined as full path or by the profile name to which it belongs. If this parameter is present, the histogram will be shown at the end of the measurement. PLUGINS
Every other section defines one plugin. The name of the section is used as name for the plugin and is used in logs to identify the plugin. There can be only one plugin of particular type tuning particular device. Conflicts are by default fixed by merging the options of both plugins together. This can be changed by "replace" option. Every plugin section can contain following sections: type= Plugin type. Currently there are following plugins: disk, script, net, cpu, eeepc_she. devices= Comma separated list of devices which should be tuned by this plugin instance. If you omit this option, all found devices will be tuned. replace=1 If there is conflict between two plugins (meaning two plugins of the same type are trying to configure the same devices), then the plugin defined as last replaces all options defined by the previosly defined plugin. Plugins can also have plugin related options. EXAMPLE
[main] # Includes plugins defined in "included" profile. include=included # Define my_sysctl plugin [my_sysctl] type=sysctl # This plugin will replace any sysctl plugin defined in "included" profile replace=1 # 256 KB default performs well experimentally. net.core.rmem_default = 262144 net.core.wmem_default = 262144 # Define my_script plugin # Both scripts (profile.sh from this profile and script from "included" # profile) will be run, because if there is no "replace=1" option the # default action is merge. [my_script] type=script script=profile.sh SEE ALSO
tuned(8) AUTHOR
Written by Jan Kaluza <jkaluza@redhat.com>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jkaluza@redhat.com>. Jan Kaluza 13 Mar 2012 tuned.conf(5)