Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) OSX verify username and password in one line Post 302750077 by TheDrizzle on Sunday 30th of December 2012 09:49:32 PM
Old 12-30-2012
That's a real bummer. Makes a lot of sense though I guess. Thanks for your quick reply!

-Drizzle

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

username password in script

Can we write a script to telnet to a unix server from unix with the username and password hardcoded in the script?? something like ssh a@b -p password ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshanjain2
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

verify sudo password

edited and removed (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdpalow
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password verification verify password of a user for only first 8 characters

Helo , I m using linux pam library for user and its password authentication. I m creating new user and giving its password.I m giving password of 10 characters.now when I login in as that newly created user its ask me $ su - ram Password: You are required to change your password immediately... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
12 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

OSX asks password but i don't use a password!!

When i try to install some software OSX asks for a password but i don't use a password at all. Somebody knows a answer please??? asta (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: astapopulos
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i hide username/password

hi all, i run sqlplus command on unix(HP-UX) like "sqlplus username/password@serverA @deneme.sql" but when someone run "ps -ef | grep sqlplus", it can see my username and password :( How can i hide username and password. thanx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temhem
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP command line username and password passing

Dear All, I am new to unix and I am trying to build a shell script which will connect to a different server by passing username and password from a file or command line but not manually... In short I dont want to connect to a diff server via ftp interactively. Any suggestion...looking... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
8 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris 8 reset root password from OSX

Hello, I have two old Solaris machines $ uname -a SunOS unknown 5.8 Generic_117350-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-e2 unfortunately, it has been so long ago that i have used these that the root password has left my head... i can log into one of the machine as a normal user, but am unable to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Norman Khine
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Username and password

Hi I am new to using unix and am struggling with a script i am writing. What i am trying to do is get a user to enter a username, check the original file i created with username and pin to see if their is a corresponding entry. Next ask the user to enter the pin and see if this matches... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: somersetdan
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you reset username/password

Picked up a 3b2 running System V. Works fine, but it requires a username and password. Is the username "root" or "sysadm"? How do I find out and how to I reset it or bypass it? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TanRuNomad
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging in with Username/Password on one line

Hello, I am currently working on a project that requires me to remote login into another UNIX system using different credentials. The problem is that progamatically I cannot simply feed the password into the UNIX system. Is there a way to feed the password within one command line statement. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myoung88
1 Replies
SLIMRAT(8)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						SLIMRAT(8)

NAME
slimrat - Command-line utility for downloading files VERSION
1.0 DESCRIPTION
Command-line download manager, capable of downloading files from several free download providers. SYNOPSIS
slimrat [OPTION...] [LINK]... OPTIONS
--help Prints a summary how to use the client. --man Prints a manual how to use the client. --daemon Makes slimrat work in the background, by properly forking and redirecting the output to a specified logfile. Only one file can be backgrounded at a time, to support multiple instances you'll need to specify differend state files to save the instances PID in. --kill Kills a single active client, by looking up the PID in a predefined state file. --list Uses the given file as a queue-file containing URLs. --check Do not download the loaded URLs, just check them. --to Specifies the target directory for the downloaded files. --address Makes the download client bind to a specific address. --config Load custom configuration file. --debug Enables maximal verbosity, which includes a lot of text on the screen and the generation of an additional dump archive. WARNING: do not use this option by default, as it keeps a whole lot of extra information in memory (including _all_ downloaded items). --quiet Makes slimrat less verbose, only displaying errors and warnings. EXAMPLES
slimrat http://rapidshare.com/files/012345678/somefile.xxx slimrat -l urls.dat -d AUTHOR
PAaXemek Vyhnal <premysl.vyhnal gmail com> Tim Besard <tim-dot-besard-at-gmail-dot-com> perl v5.10.1 2010-01-27 SLIMRAT(8)