Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) OSX verify username and password in one line Post 302750077 by TheDrizzle on Sunday 30th of December 2012 09:49:32 PM
Old 12-30-2012
That's a real bummer. Makes a lot of sense though I guess. Thanks for your quick reply!

-Drizzle

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

username password in script

Can we write a script to telnet to a unix server from unix with the username and password hardcoded in the script?? something like ssh a@b -p password ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshanjain2
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

verify sudo password

edited and removed (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdpalow
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password verification verify password of a user for only first 8 characters

Helo , I m using linux pam library for user and its password authentication. I m creating new user and giving its password.I m giving password of 10 characters.now when I login in as that newly created user its ask me $ su - ram Password: You are required to change your password immediately... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
12 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

OSX asks password but i don't use a password!!

When i try to install some software OSX asks for a password but i don't use a password at all. Somebody knows a answer please??? asta (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: astapopulos
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i hide username/password

hi all, i run sqlplus command on unix(HP-UX) like "sqlplus username/password@serverA @deneme.sql" but when someone run "ps -ef | grep sqlplus", it can see my username and password :( How can i hide username and password. thanx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temhem
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP command line username and password passing

Dear All, I am new to unix and I am trying to build a shell script which will connect to a different server by passing username and password from a file or command line but not manually... In short I dont want to connect to a diff server via ftp interactively. Any suggestion...looking... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
8 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris 8 reset root password from OSX

Hello, I have two old Solaris machines $ uname -a SunOS unknown 5.8 Generic_117350-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-e2 unfortunately, it has been so long ago that i have used these that the root password has left my head... i can log into one of the machine as a normal user, but am unable to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Norman Khine
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Username and password

Hi I am new to using unix and am struggling with a script i am writing. What i am trying to do is get a user to enter a username, check the original file i created with username and pin to see if their is a corresponding entry. Next ask the user to enter the pin and see if this matches... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: somersetdan
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you reset username/password

Picked up a 3b2 running System V. Works fine, but it requires a username and password. Is the username "root" or "sysadm"? How do I find out and how to I reset it or bypass it? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TanRuNomad
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging in with Username/Password on one line

Hello, I am currently working on a project that requires me to remote login into another UNIX system using different credentials. The problem is that progamatically I cannot simply feed the password into the UNIX system. Is there a way to feed the password within one command line statement. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myoung88
1 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), glibtool(1). config.guess (2006-11-15) November 2006 CONFIG.GUESS(1)