Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware cp does not like filenames with accents? Post 302750073 by stf92 on Sunday 30th of December 2012 08:43:03 PM
Old 12-30-2012
Thank you, jim.
Quote:
Is it imperative that the native charset remain in tact on the destination side?
Unluckily, it is. These files were created by downloading web pages from internet. If the foo_files get renamed, then all appearances of 'foo_files' in foo.html would have to be renamed too. It seems that the only way out is to be careful when downloading HTML files and change the name, in the Save As dialog box, if appropriate.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error When Print Accents

I like to know how to print accent when use the command lp -d <file>. This <file> contain the following accents (e.g. é, á, ê, ã, ç) and anothers accents, please i need to help. thank´s (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edvaldo
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

spaces in filenames

I have a problem with the script below #!/bin/sh for vo in `find -maxdepth 1 -type f -regex "^\./*$"` do ls -l "$vo" some other commands done It works fine until `find ...` returns files with spaces. I've tryed to change IFS but haven't succeed Any solutions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove accents and symbols with sed

Hi, I would like to know how could I remove accentes and the symbols: º and ª of a text file with sed. Whis this command doesn't works :-( sed "s/í/i/g" filename Many thanks and sorry for my english! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
7 Replies

4. Programming

Unicode filenames in C++?

I'm trying to figure out how to support Unicode or atleast an unsigned char in the d_name of struct dirent The problem i'm facing is that I'm checking file names for special characters and obviously the "char d_name" doesn't like it. I'm looping through the directory and getting the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2432
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting filenames

Hi I need to pull out the name of the file from the path. See, here is my loop that gets the files: dsxdir="/var/local/dsx/import" for dsxfile in $dsxdir/*.dsx; do dsxlog $reverb --info --module="$module" "$dsxfile" $dsximp $norule $oprange --dsn=$dsn --dbname=$dbname... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

renaming filenames

I have 7 files with 7 different names coming into a specified folder on weekly basis, i need to pick a file one after another and load into oracle table using sql loader. I am using ksh to do this. So in the process if the file has error records and if sql loader fails to load into oracle tables,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpv0002
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating Filenames

Hi Folks, I'm looking for some ideas on how to change some file names. I'm pretty sure I need to use sed or awk but they still escape me. The files I have are like: VOD0615 NEW Blades R77307.pdf or VOD0615_NEW_Blades_R77307.pdf and what I want after processing is: R77307 NEW Blades.pdf ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: imonkey
5 Replies

8. AIX

filemon with no filenames...

i excuted filemon with filemon -u -o /tmp/filemon.out -O all;sleep 60; trcstop. everything is ok, but i only get PID for filenames in Most Active Files. is there any different flags i need to use to get filenames? Code tags please, thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: curtis911
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

get filenames from log

Hi. I'm trying to get the names of files from a log file, without the path and special characters. I have a file that contains lines like this: '/path/to/files/file00010000070874.EXT' '/path/to/files/file00010000070875.EXT' '/path/to/files/file00010000070876.EXT'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hekm
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get filenames without timestamp

Hi, In my previous post I looked for timestamp to be added to the filename https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/230603-how-append-timestamp-filenames-using-find.html Now how do I select those files that do not have timestamp in the filenames. I tried the following. My file has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
3 Replies
xls2csv(1)						      General Commands Manual							xls2csv(1)

NAME
xls2csv - reads MS-Excel file and puts its content as comma-separated data on standard output SYNOPSIS
xls2csv [-xlV] [-f format ] [-b string ] [-s charset ] [-d charset ] [-q number ] [-c char] files DESCRIPTION
xls2csv reads MS-Excel spreadsheet and dumps its content as comma-separated values to stdout. Numbers are printed without delimiters, strings are enclosed in the double quotes. Double-quotes inside string are doubled. OPTIONS
-x print unknown Unicode chars as xNNNN, rather than as question marks -l list known charsets and exit successfully -cchar cell separator char. By default - comma. -bstring sheet break string. This string (by default - formfeed) would be output at the end of each workbook page. This string is printed after page starting at start of line, but no linefeed would be automatically added at the end of string. Include newline at the ent of sheet separator if you want it to appear on separate line by itself -gnumber number of decimal digits in the numbers. By default maximal double precision (system-dependent macro DBL_DIG) is used. -qnumber set quote mode. In quote mode 0 cell contents is never quoted. In quote mode 1 only strings which contain spaces, double quotes or commas are quoted. In quote mode 2 (default) all cells with type string are quoted. In quote mode 3 all cells are quoted. -dcharset` - specifies destination charset name. Charset file has format described in CHARACTER SETS section of catdoc(1) manual page. By default, current locale charset would be used if langinfo support was enabled at the compile time. -scharset - specifies source charset. Typically, Excel files have CODE PAGE record, which denotes input charset, but for some reason you may wish to override it. -fformat - specifies date/time format to use for output of all Excel date and time values. If this option is not specified, format, speci- fied in the spreadsheet is used. On POSIX system any format, allowed by strftime(3) can be used as value of this option. Under MS- DOS xls2csv implements limited set of strftime formats, namely m, d, y, Y, b, l, p, H, M, S. -V outputs version number FILES
${HOME}/.catdocrc, catdoc charset files and substitution map files (see catdoc(1) manual page for details, SEE ALSO
cat(1), catdoc(1), strings(1), utf8(7), unicode(7) AUTHOR
V.B.Wagner <vitus@45.free.net>, based on biffview by David Rysdam MS-Word reader Version 0.94.4 xls2csv(1)