Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Basic questions about Integrity VMs Post 302749121 by bstring on Thursday 27th of December 2012 02:04:49 PM
Old 12-27-2012
Thank you for your help Peasant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasant
3. As for patches, you will need to have some sort of HP support to download them.
Make a HP account, contact your representative for information about your contracts.
I believe SWA will want to connect to internet with that account to gather information about missing / rec. patches.
All my boxes are behind firewall without internet, i only gather reports from HPSIM with SWA installed.

Most of the time, after OS install, you will just need to apply the gold qpk patch bundle.
It's fairly simple with swinstall, one big depot.
Remember, you will need to patch VM's guests as well, since it's a separate HPUX install.
Oh, we need a support contract just to download OS patches? Interesting..

What is the gold gpk patch bundle? Is that something I download from HP as well?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic SFTP questions

I'm trying to find out what all is involved with setting up SFTP? 1) Do Solaris machines come with a SFTP server and client already installed. 2) If so would I have to install SFTP clients on windows, if I want to transfer files to a Solaris box? 3) If SFTP doesn't come prepackaged would I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JohnRodey
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic Unix Questions

OK, here's a question from a true UNIX newb: How does one make a 20 line file? I'm lost. :confused: OK, I figured it out. :D (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kitchen Zinc
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some basic questions

Hi- Newbie here with some basic questions: 1) I can't get alias to work. I tried alias ll='ls -al', but it doesn't work. When just typing 'alias', the new definition doesn't appear. I'm in a bash shell -- is that the problem. I tried switching to csh, but that didn't seem to help. This... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aworstell
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hp-ux basic questions

I have multiple questions How to list or find only Nov month's files? How can I get state of process like running, stop, or sleep etc? How can I check dependences of processes? plz ans any if u can thx regards, Mazhar Hussain (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mazhar99
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

some basic questions about unix ..

Hi all today i gone through worst interview of my life that for hour questions were so basic but i never though about them now i am figuring out answers my self but i would appreciate if you ppl help me ... i am listing some of the questions i remember .. 1 ) $ cat a.sh #! /usr/bin/ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
4 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris 10 and a few basic questions

hello, first, I'm quite new to solaris. I've installed solaris 10 basic (item 4 on the install-menue). now I had to realize that I don't have any option for connecting the machine from remote. ssh isn't even installed although I've coosed 'yes' for remote access. no matter what solaris is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fourty2
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic awk questions

I find an script with awk sitting around. I went through some online manuals, but I can't figure out exactly how it works. I can't post the whole program. Not allowed. This is the line that is confusing me. I get when else is in the script grep -v "^REM " $1| grep -v "JUNK;" | awk -F" "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies
STG-SERIES(1)							   StGit Manual 						     STG-SERIES(1)

NAME
stg-series - Print the patch series SYNOPSIS
stg series [options] [<patch-range>] DESCRIPTION
Show all the patches in the series, or just those in the given range, ordered from top to bottom. The applied patches are prefixed with a + (except the current patch, which is prefixed with a >), the unapplied patches with a -, and the hidden patches with a !. Empty patches are prefixed with a 0. OPTIONS
-b BRANCH, --branch BRANCH Use BRANCH instead of the default branch. -a, --all Show all patches, including the hidden ones. -A, --applied Show the applied patches only. -U, --unapplied Show the unapplied patches only. -H, --hidden Show the hidden patches only. -m BRANCH, --missing BRANCH Show patches in BRANCH missing in current. -c, --count Print the number of patches in the series. -d, --description Show a short description for each patch. --author Show the author name for each patch. -e, --empty Before the +, >, -, and ! prefixes, print a column that contains either 0 (for empty patches) or a space (for non-empty patches). --showbranch Append the branch name to the listed patches. --noprefix Do not show the patch status prefix. -s, --short List just the patches around the topmost patch. STGIT
Part of the StGit suite - see linkman:stg[1] StGit 03/13/2012 STG-SERIES(1)