Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Old DOS dog, can I learn new trix? Post 302749115 by DGPickett on Thursday 27th of December 2012 01:55:13 PM
Old 12-27-2012
The cygwin path is less daunting since you can learn the app side without learning UNIX Admin side.

A cable is usually easier for LINUX to find. Good luck. Google is your friend. https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/intern...-wireless.html

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

watch dog problem

please help in some times "watch dog reinit memory", and system hang SCO UNIX version 3.2.5.0 Compac Proliant ML 370 pentium 3 750 512 MB memory 9g and 18g scsi u/f/w Disc 65 user running informix Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RoMaGo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

watch dog process

Hi, I am calling shell script, using process builder in java. if any error triggered in script i am catching error line in a log file. my script is doing 1) creating xml files . 2) gzip the file 3)export the created file from source to destination server. 4)After processing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: masthansha
0 Replies
STOPWATCH(1x)															     STOPWATCH(1x)

NAME
stopwatch -- a stopwatch and timer program SYNOPSIS
stopwatch DESCRIPTION
stopwatch does what its name implies - enables hand timing much like a physical stopwatch. It can also be used as a countdown timer. Stop- watch has millisecond accuracy and no artificial limit on hours. DIRECTIONS
Press "start" to start the stopwatch and "stop" to stop it. "record" records the current time and selects it so that it can readily be pasted into other programs. Recorded times are marked with an L for "lap" or T for "total". When stopped, you can cut/paste/edit the time by hand and set it to any valid time. "zero" resets the time to zero. Holding down the shift key while pressing record or zero, records and then zeros the time. Time moves forward or backward according to the Run menu. By default, time is stopped automatically when either the lap or total time reaches zero. To disable the automatic stop, unselect Run -> Stop At Zero. AUTHOR
This manual page was adapted from the stopwatch documentation written by Don Libes. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this manpage under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. STOPWATCH(1x)