Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with multithreading
Top Forums Programming Help with multithreading Post 302749011 by DGPickett on Thursday 27th of December 2012 09:53:13 AM
Old 12-27-2012
I believe every thread lib has some thread id function for threads to self-idetify and for other thread lib functions to use to relate to them. Man Page for pthread_self (opensolaris Section 3c) - The UNIX and Linux Forums

You could also have them pull their own number from a mutex protected integer.

Last edited by DGPickett; 12-27-2012 at 12:19 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Multithreading in Pro*C

:confused: Hi! I have created a Multhreaded Application in Pro*C (using pthreads) with about 5 Threads running simultaneously. The Application is basically to Update a Centralized Table in Oracle, which updates different rows in the Table (Each Thread updates different rows!). The... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaik786
16 Replies

2. Programming

multithreading on OSX

Hi all, I have a query about multithreading. What I would like to do is, at the start of my main update() function, start a couple of threads in parallel, once they are all complete carry on with my main update function. void update() { thread1->update(); // fluid solver ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: memoid
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

multithreading in UNIX

Hi, Can you please give me a suitable reference to learn multithreading programming in C in UNIX? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multithreading program

Hi I need to insert 1million records into MySQL database, but it is taking lot of time as there is no bulk insert support. I want to spawn 10 processes which will insert 100k records each parallely. Can somebody help me with a example program to execute this task through shell scripting. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sach_roger
5 Replies

5. Programming

MultiThreading using Pthreads

Situation: i have multiple pthread_create calls like this: pthread_create(...., ThreadFunc1,.....); pthread_create(...., ThreadFunc2,.....); . . which i am using to create multiple threads.All the "ThreadFunc<i>" functions are actually calling same function "Receive" of a class using same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sastra
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

how to do udp broadcast with multithreading

hello to all i want to use multithreading to my UDP broadcast server client program. will anyone help me by proving C code. i am working in fedora. also my requirement is POSIX compliance.please help me..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moti12
0 Replies

7. Programming

how to do udp broadcast with multithreading

hello to all i want to use multithreading to my UDP broadcast server client program. will anyone help me by proving C code. i am working in fedora. also my requirement is POSIX compliance.please help me..... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: moti12
6 Replies

8. Programming

Multithreading in reading file

Dear all, I am having a huge XML file, as below structure <EMPLOYEE> <RECORD id =aaa> <Salary>99999</Salary> <section>ssss</section> </RECORD> <RECORD id =bbb> <Salary>77777</Salary> <section>ssss</section> </RECORD> </EMPLOYEE> This is a 50 GB file I want to read this file in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
9 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Alarm interrupt and multithreading

Hi Friends any know how became a friend in this Android Programming Language (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ljarun
0 Replies
PTHREAD_SELF(3) 					     Linux Programmer's Manual						   PTHREAD_SELF(3)

NAME
pthread_self - obtain ID of the calling thread SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> pthread_t pthread_self(void); Compile and link with -pthread. DESCRIPTION
The pthread_self() function returns the ID of the calling thread. This is the same value that is returned in *thread in the pthread_cre- ate(3) call that created this thread. RETURN VALUE
This function always succeeds, returning the calling thread's ID. ERRORS
This function always succeeds. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
POSIX.1 allows an implementation wide freedom in choosing the type used to represent a thread ID; for example, representation using either an arithmetic type or a structure is permitted. Therefore, variables of type pthread_t can't portably be compared using the C equality operator (==); use pthread_equal(3) instead. Thread identifiers should be considered opaque: any attempt to use a thread ID other than in pthreads calls is nonportable and can lead to unspecified results. Thread IDs are guaranteed to be unique only within a process. A thread ID may be reused after a terminated thread has been joined, or a detached thread has terminated. The thread ID returned by pthread_self() is not the same thing as the kernel thread ID returned by a call to gettid(2). SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3), pthread_equal(3), pthreads(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-10-24 PTHREAD_SELF(3)