Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed command to take variable
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed command to take variable Post 302748915 by bk_12345 on Thursday 27th of December 2012 05:16:24 AM
Old 12-27-2012
Hi everyone

I am getting output as below after changing as per your suggestions.

Code:
EUR

I am not getting the desired output as
Code:
EUR27

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using the sed command with variable subsitution???

how much do you know on using the sed commands within a diff command? I'm currently using one long command when robot runs that... when the diff command is ran that the < and > signs at the beginning of each line are changed to the environment name that they came from... making it easier to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthreedhr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a sed command that uses variable

Hi , Seen some of wonderful posts. Please have look at my problem. I have a text file ketkee.txt , which look like below. GATES := apple mango banana XMLCHECK := red blue green pink My requiement is to find the line that has XMLCHECK in it. and append two variables followed by a space... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkeep
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line including Variable & Carriage Return / sed command as Variable

I want to instert Category:XXXXX into the 2. line something like this should work, but I have somewhere the wrong sytanx. something with the linebreak goes wrong: sed "2i\\${n}Category:$cat\n" Sample: Titel Blahh Blahh abllk sdhsd sjdhf Blahh Blah Blahh Blahh Should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a variable to sed command

Hi guys, I wanted to pass a variable to the sed command which tells which line to be deleted. a=2; echo $a; sed '$ad' c.out it is throwing an error. sed: 0602-403 "$a"d is not a recognized function. I even tried "$a" and \$a.. but it is of no use. Can you please correct me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed insert command and variable expansion/command substitution

I know this script is crummy, but I was just messing around.. how do I get sed's insert command to allow variable expansion to show the filename? #!/bin/bash filename=`echo $0` /usr/bin/sed '/#include/ { i\ the filename is `$filename` }' $1 exit 0 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command with variable

Hi, I want to insert some text in the begning of each line. But issue is the text that i want to insert is stored into one variable. so my command look like constr="`date | awk '{print $3"-"$2"-"$6}'`",MXGBTST1" " sed 's/^/\$constr/g' alert_temp.csv but sed command instead of taking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranvijaidba
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a variable in sed command

Hi All, Can I use a variable (using this variable as a counter) in sed cmd? something like below sed -n '${COUNT}p' But it's not working. Pls help. Thanks. Regards, Amee export COUNT=1 export COUNTER=`cat ${BINPATH}/$ALLOC_FILE.clean_1 | wc -l | tr -d " "` while ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amee5
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Variable in sed command

Hi All, How can i use a variable in a sed command ? I cant seem to get it to work as at present its just printing $i at the start of every line rather than the variable $1. sed -e "s/^/\$i,|/" Any help would be appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use a shell variable on sed command?

Hie everyone i have a complex sed command line which work fine for a static value given example sed -n '/SQL ID\:\ 1111111111111/!b;:a;/\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*/!{$!{N;ba}};{/*/p}' ./MyInputFile.txt what i want is something like that sed -n '/SQL ID\:\... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ade05fr@yahoo.f
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a variable in sed command

Hi All, Please help me with the below problem if then $a=" " fi echo "ABC1abc" | sed 's/a/'$a'/' The required output is : ABC abc But I am getting the below error: sed: -e expression #1, char 4: unterminated `s' command Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulsk
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)