Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Typeset -i in MVS (Mainframe system) Post 302748851 by ppatra on Thursday 27th of December 2012 03:24:22 AM
Old 12-27-2012
Hi,
Thanks a lot for your reply!
I am running it in MVS system. So using
Code:
typeset -il

also giving arithmatic overflow error.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ftp flat file from MVS(OS390) to Solaris

I've been working on this for a while and decided to see if anyone else here had this same issue. I'm trying to ftp a file from a mainframe (OS390) to Solaris. Obviously this is easily done, however the file is somehow being stripped of data in comparison to the way we transfer the file via a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: douknownam
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP to MVS system

Hi All, I have written a script that transfers(FTP) files from Unix system to MVS system. Below is the code for it. ftp -inv $HOST<<ftp_test quote site LRECL=200 quote site BLKSIZE=28000 mput SOURCE DEST ftp_test Here I need the help, if the above code can get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku11
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files to target Mainframe system

Hi Experts... Greetings for the day..! I just want to FTP the files to mainframe system.. my code is not working..and also i need to put the files in a particular directory in a specific naming format... ftp -i -n ${HOST_NAME} << END_FTP user ${USER_NAME} ${PASSWORD} put ${FILE_NAME}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

SFTP issue when connecting from MVS to AIX

Dear all, I was given the ID_DSA.pub by an MVS user, which I placed in the appropriate user's authorized_keys file. When the user tris to SFTP from their side to the AIX box, the following error is got: error: debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_INIT sent debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REPLY ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
6 Replies

5. AIX

MVS DB2 Connection from AIX

Hi, I want to try to connect to a DB2 (MVS) database from an AIX, through my c++ custom program. Is anybody who knows how can I do this? Which libraries should I use? Should I have a DB2 connect installed on my AIX? Thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: develo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending File from Unix to MVS

Hi, I am trying to send a txt file via FTP to the Mainframe or MVS. the file gets sent to the MVS but the user name gets appended to the file name. For eg if i am sending test.txt, in the mainframe it lands as username.test.txt. I tried putting the filename inside single quotes but I get an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveensraj
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MVS compression that unix can uncompress

Dear all, I have been given the opportunity at the last minute to help on a project. There is a need to move some very large files from an MVS machine to an AIX one. The servers are remote with (I think) a 2Meg network pipe between them. The people on the project have been moving small... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Migrating jobs from COBOL Mainframe system to UNIX system

In a nutshell requirement is to migrate the system from mainframe environment to UNIX environment (MF cobol would be used I guess). I have not much of idea in this field. I need to do some investigation on following points - - Ease of conversion - Known Data compatibility issue - Issue in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tjsureboy4me
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)