Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Using find and regular expressions Post 302748737 by tinku981 on Thursday 27th of December 2012 12:38:37 AM
Old 12-27-2012
Dear Bipinajith,

I think -type f may not be required as following is also working

Code:
find ./* -prune -name "*.c"

./file1.c
./file2.c
./file3.c
./file4.c

Kindly correct if I am wrong.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expressions

How can i create a regular expression which can detect a new line charcter followed by a special character say * and replace these both by a string of zero length? Eg: Input File san.txt hello hi ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_hi
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expressions

Hi, can anyone advise me how to shorten this: if || ; then I tried but it dosent seem to work, whats the correct way. Cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack1981
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with regular expressions

I have following content in the file CancelPolicyMultiLingual3=U|PC3|EN RestaurantInfoCode1=U|restID1|1 ..... I am trying to use following matching extression \|(+) to get this PC3|EN restID1|1 Obviously it does not work. Any ideas? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: arushunter
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular expressions

how to find for a file whose name has all characters in uppercase after 'project'? I tried this: find . -name 'project**.pdf' ./projectABC.pdf ./projectABC123.pdf I want only ./projectABC.pdf What is the regular expression that correponds to "all characters are capital"? thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

regular expressions

I have a flat file with the following drug names Nutropin AQ 20mg PEN Cart 2ml Norditropin Cart 15mg/1.5ml I have to extract digits that are before mg i.e 20 and 15 ; how to do this using regular expressions Thanks ram (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular expressions

In regular expressions with grep(or egrep), ^ works if we want something in starting of line..but what if we write ^^^ or ^ for pattern matching??..Hope u all r familiar with regular expressions for pattern matching.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expressions

what elements does " /^/ " match? I did the test which indicates that it matches single lowercase character like 'a','b' etc. and '1','2' etc. But I really confused with that. Because, "/^abc/" matches strings like "abcedf" or "abcddddee". So, what does caret ^ really mean? Any response... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidHe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with regular expressions

I have a file that I'm trying to find all the cases of phone number extensions and deleting them. So input file looks like: abc x93825 def 13234 x52673 hello output looks like: abc def 13234 hello Basically delete lines that have 5 numbers following "x". I tried: x\(4) but it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular Expressions -- Find spaces outside

Hello, I need help with using grep and regular expressions.... I have a long list of about 1000 lines of Chinese flashcards. Here's a small excerpt: 意文 yìwén (given name) 貴姓 guìxìng (honorable surname) 貴 guì (honorable) 姓 xìng (one's surname is; to be surnamed; surname) 呢 ne (interrogative... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arduino411
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expressions

I am new to shell scripts.Can u please help me on this req. test_user = "Arun" if echo "test_user is a word" else echo "test_user is not a word" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandrababu
1 Replies
HTML::FormatPS(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 HTML::FormatPS(3)

NAME
HTML::FormatPS - Format HTML as PostScript SYNOPSIS
use HTML::TreeBuilder; $tree = HTML::TreeBuilder->new->parse_file("test.html"); use HTML::FormatPS; $formatter = HTML::FormatPS->new( FontFamily => 'Helvetica', PaperSize => 'Letter', ); print $formatter->format($tree); Or, for short: use HTML::FormatPS; print HTML::FormatPS->format_file( "test.html", 'FontFamily' => 'Helvetica', 'PaperSize' => 'Letter', ); DESCRIPTION
The HTML::FormatPS is a formatter that outputs PostScript code. Formatting of HTML tables and forms is not implemented. You might specify the following parameters when constructing the formatter object (or when calling format_file or format_string): PaperSize What kind of paper should we format for. The value can be one of these: A3, A4, A5, B4, B5, Letter, Legal, Executive, Tabloid, Statement, Folio, 10x14, Quarto. The default is "A4". PaperWidth The width of the paper, in points. Setting PaperSize also defines this value. PaperHeight The height of the paper, in points. Setting PaperSize also defines this value. LeftMargin The left margin, in points. RightMargin The right margin, in points. HorizontalMargin Both left and right margin at the same time. The default value is 4 cm. TopMargin The top margin, in points. BottomMargin The bottom margin, in points. VerticalMargin Both top and bottom margin at the same time. The default value is 2 cm, PageNo This parameter determines if we should put page numbers on the pages. The default value is true; so you have to set this value to 0 in order to suppress page numbers. (The "No" in "PageNo" means number/numero!) FontFamily This parameter specifies which family of fonts to use for the formatting. Legal values are "Courier", "Helvetica" and "Times". The default is "Times". FontScale This is a scaling factor for all the font sizes. The default value is 1. For example, if you want everything to be almost three times as large, you could set this to 2.7. If you wanted things just a bit smaller than normal, you could set it to .92. Leading This option (pronounced "ledding", not "leeding") controls how much is space between lines. This is a factor of the font size used for that line. Default is 0.1 -- so between two 12-point lines, there will be 1.2 points of space. StartPage Assuming you have PageNo on, StartPage controls what the page number of the first page will be. By default, it is 1. So if you set this to 87, the first page would say "87" on it, the next "88", and so on. NoProlog If this option is set to a true value, HTML::FormatPS will make a point of not emitting the PostScript prolog before the document. By default, this is off, meaning that HTML::FormatPS will emit the prolog. This option is of interest only to advanced users. NoTrailer If this option is set to a true value, HTML::FormatPS will make a point of not emitting the PostScript trailer at the end of the document. By default, this is off, meaning that HTML::FormatPS will emit the bit of PostScript that ends the document. This option is of interest only to advanced users. SEE ALSO
HTML::Formatter TO DO
o Support for some more character styles, notably including: strike-through, underlining, superscript, and subscript. o Support for Unicode. o Support for Win-1252 encoding, since that's what most people mean when they use characters in the range 0x80-0x9F in HTML. o And, if it's ever even reasonably possible, support for tables. I would welcome email from people who can help me out or advise me on the above. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-2002 Gisle Aas, and 2002- Sean M. Burke. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AUTHOR
Current maintainer: Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org> Original author: Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no> perl v5.12.1 2004-06-02 HTML::FormatPS(3)