Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question on regexp in TCL
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Question on regexp in TCL Post 302748699 by Yoda on Wednesday 26th of December 2012 06:03:33 PM
Old 12-26-2012
How about:
Code:
if { [regexp -nocase {\.(jpg|jpeg|png|gif)$|\?} $urlvar] }

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

few TCL question

Hello I am a TCL beginer, so please answer accordingly here are my question: 1. variable scope I built a text widget and gave it a textvariable: cmd_entry, I I sent it to a procedure where I declare it as “global cmd_entry” and give it a value The problem is that in the main program... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orid
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

RegExp question

Hi guys, does anyone know how to test for a regular expression - i want to include it in a script to make sure the variable is a regexp cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penfold
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcl: regexp matching special character

Hello Experts, Can someone help me here: I have a variable which contains a string with "". set var1 {a} set str1 {a is the element i want to match} Now "regexp $var1 $str1" does not work? ("regexp {a\} $str1" works, but var1 gets it's value automatically from another script) Is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitgarg
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print the line immediately after a regexp; but regexp is a sentence

Good Day, Im new to scripting especially awk and sed. I just would like to ask help from you guys about a sed command that prints the line immediately after a regexp, but not the line containing the regexp. sed -n '/regexp/{n;p;}' filename What if my regexp is 3 word or a sentence. Im... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ownins
3 Replies

5. Programming

Tcl question

Hello guys, please help me I want to use TCl to move the lines with line number as odd number to a new file source_odd.txt, and move the lines with character 'a' to another file source_a.txt. I also want to create a tcl function to list all the file names in a appointed directory. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunleoyafajo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on TCL regexp and match

Hello everyone, I'm new in tcl scripting. I'm currently studying a tcl script and came across this line: regexp {(\d+)(\S?)} $opts match opt swi According to my understanding, this line means to search in the opts variable for one or more digit, followed by a non-whitespace character... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mar85
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL - Question regarding Braces {}

Hello everyone, What is the difference between these two tcl commands: (A) --> puts "ERROR!!! ${current_name}/${opt} is not found." (B) --> puts "ERROR!!! $current_name/$opt is not found." Are the braces needed to be put? Or both A and B has the same output? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mar85
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexp in tcl

I need to change R3.1.5 as 03015 similarly R4.1.7 as 04017 i need a single command in tcl pls help ---------- Post updated at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:48 PM ---------- i had to do like this without using regexp set old_release "R3.1.5" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help using regexp in a TCL script ??

In a tcl script I need to find a way of reading a file, and looking for a phrase ("set myvariable") and putting the word following that into a variable. I've used a file open, and a while loop with gets to read each line from the file into a variable, and using regexp searched for the item. I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tonyb61
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

TCL script to delete a pattern(regexp)

Hi I am writing a TCL script to delete a certain in a file My Input file module bist_logic_inst(a, ab , dhd, dhdh , djdj, hdh, djjd, jdj, dhd, dhp, dk ); input a; input ab; input dhd; input djdj; input dhd; output hdh; output djjd; output jdj; output dk; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshitij
1 Replies
shevek::regexp(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 shevek::regexp(3)

NAME
shevek::regexp - Use regular expressions. SYNOPSIS
#include <regexp.hh> Public Member Functions regexp (std::string const &pattern=std::string(), bool case_sensitive=false) Create a new object, and optionally fill it with a pattern. regexp & operator= (std::string const &pattern) Set a pattern, removing the previous one. regexp (regexp const &that) Copy a regexp. regexp & operator= (regexp const &that) Copy a regexp. void case_sensitive (bool value=true) Set whether the evaluation should be case sensitive. ~regexp () Destructor, this cleans up internal structures. bool operator() (std::string const &data) Check whether the pattern matches a string, and fill internal match structures if it does. std::string operator[] (unsigned idx) const Retrieve the value of a subexpression from the last matched string. bool valid (unsigned idx) const Test whether a subexpression was filled by the last matching string. unsigned size () const Get the number of subexpression. std::string transform (std::string const &data) const Transform a string with -codes according to the last matching string. std::string const & pattern () const Get the current pattern. Detailed Description Use regular expressions. Member Function Documentation std::string shevek::regexp::operator[] (unsignedidx) const Retrieve the value of a subexpression from the last matched string. This throws an exception if the subexpression is not valid. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libshevek from the source code. libshevek Fri May 11 2012 shevek::regexp(3)