Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Connecting to Oracle database Post 302748693 by Yoda on Wednesday 26th of December 2012 05:22:56 PM
Old 12-26-2012
Check your tnsnames.ora file in Windows and verify if the entry is present for the Oracle Database that your are trying to connect. You can compare the TNS entry in Windows with the one in local. Make necessary change if any. Once done check if you can successfully tnsping to the DB instance from Windows.
This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle Database

if; sql="select username from dba_users where username = '$FromUser';" check_FromUser=`ExecSql "$sql"` I want to connect to Oracle database & check the users in the database, store the value in check_FromUser. First how to connect to Oracle database from the shell script ? Appreciate your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Connecting to Oracle Database using KornShell

Hello, I am very new to Scripting. I am having a Kornshell Script below for connecting to Oracle database. But getting an error while executing it. #!/bin/ksh ssh -X root@192.168.2.127 <perimuka> sleep 5 su - oracle sqlplus <mraghunandanan>/<peri123> <<eof Can anyone tell what is wrong... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mraghunandanan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to oracle database from shell script

Hi all, I am satyakiran , i am new to the forum. i never done shell scripts for connecting to the data base (oracle) and fetching the data from the database( thru sql select statements ) i want to know 1. how to connect to the data base(oracle) using shell script 2. how to retrieve data... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakiran
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Database

Hi, I want to write a shell script which connects to a Database, executes a set of SQLs and displays a message for every SQL that was run whether any records have been returned or not? Can anyone help me in this regard? Appreciate your help and concern. Thanks, Dave (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoursdavinder
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to oracle database

Hai i want to connect to oracle database from user input and create a view. ${ECHO} "Debut Creating View" ${ECHO} "Please Enter the User Name:" read user_name ${ECHO} "Please Enter the Connection String:" read con_string ${ECHO} "Please Enter the Password:" read pwd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shenthil76
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies
DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32(3)

NAME
DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32 - Determine the local system's time zone on Windows VERSION
version 1.63 SYNOPSIS
my $tz = DateTime::TimeZone->new( name => 'local' ); my $tz = DateTime::TimeZone::Local->TimeZone(); DESCRIPTION
This module provides methods for determining the local time zone on a Windows platform. HOW THE TIME ZONE IS DETERMINED
This class tries the following methods of determining the local time zone: o $ENV{TZ} It checks $ENV{TZ} for a valid time zone name. o Windows Registry When using the registry, we look for the Windows time zone and use a mapping to translate this to an Olson time zone name. o Windows Vista and 2008 We look in "SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/TimeZoneInformation/" for a node named "/TimeZoneKeyName". If this exists, we use this key to look up the Olson time zone name in our mapping. o Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server We look in "SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Time Zones/" and loop through all of its sub keys. For each sub key, we compare the value of the key with "/Std" appended to the end to the value of "SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/TimeZoneInformation/StandardName". This gives us the English name of the Windows time zone, which we use to look up the Olson time zone name. o Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millenium Edition The algorithm is the same as for NT, but we loop through the sub keys of "SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Time Zones/" AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2013 by Dave Rolsky. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-10-28 DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32(3)