Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to detect dynamic ip change and update to config file Post 302748649 by Shaan_Shaan on Thursday 27th of December 2012 12:52:01 PM
Old 12-27-2012
Here's the config file. Wherever "PublicIP" appears, I need the ppp0 ip to be updated and save the file. I already have a "Start Service" and "Stop Service" script ready. So only difficulty is how to grab public ip from ppp0 whenever it changes and add that to the place of "PublicIP"

webproxy -l PublicIP -s local:127.0.0.1:7722 -F -L 501 -m 19001 -M 21000 -P PublicIP -B
Setstart -E -n 1 -l PublicIP -l 127.0.0.1 -W PublicIP

---------- Post updated 12-27-12 at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous update was 12-26-12 at 11:28 PM ----------

Any positive feedback from experts..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I wanted to update a script, more dynamic (just say no to hard coding)...

currently it has the following: bdumpN=`ll /home/apps/oracle/admin/DBprod/bdump/DBprod_j* | grep "$Cdate" | wc -l` If I pass the DBname, I would not have to hardcode it in the script... I can capture the database name by adding the following: DBname=$1 The problem is, I have been unable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Autosys Config file update on a read-only filer

Hi To All Genius out there, We are running autosys application on solaris 10. In autosys we have a configuration file that contains an Autosys instance configuration data and is located on a NFS filer on which we have a read-only access. Our Autosys environment is on a dual server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whn_chips_r_dwn
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Autosys Config file update on a read-only filer

Hi To All Genius out there, We are running autosys application on solaris 10. In autosys we have a configuration file that contains an Autosys instance configuration data and is located on a NFS filer on which we have a read-only access. Our Autosys environment is on a dual server mode(Active... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whn_chips_r_dwn
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script to detect webpages from file

Hi guys I'm very new to unix and I have to create an awk script that detects webpage addresses from a file/webpage and outputs how many times each webpage was detected.e.g. if my file was: (Note: The symbol " was added to stop them being created into links) "www.google.com"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ROFL
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script to detect webpages from file

Hi guys I'm very new to unix and I have to create an awk script that detects webpage addresses from a file/webpage and outputs how many times each webpage was detected.e.g. if my file was: www.google.com www.facebook.com www.google.com the output should be: www.google.com x2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROFL
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

7. Linux

issue on dynamic config script

I have one issue with my existing code.Actually i want to write parameter's at the end of the section not begin of section.please find my code snapshots... while read cfgfilename sectionname parameter do case "$cfgfilename" in cfgfilename) FILE=$HOME/config/$parameter unset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryanarayan
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

script to change widows update permissions

I want to allow windows update when ordinary users are logged on, I'm pretty sure that adjusting the permissions registry entry HEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/WindowsUpdate to allow acces to all domins users does the trick. I already have a logon.bat that runs at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update config file using shell script in Solaris 5.10

hi I need to update the value in config.txt value using shell script example: lets say a value in config.txt file is as SEQUENCE=1 after some iteration as the loop ends , the SEQUENCE should get update in the config.txt file with a new value of SEQUENCE=2. also , can anyone please help me... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravidwivedi2288
7 Replies
GEARMANWORKER(3)							 1							  GEARMANWORKER(3)

The GearmanWorker class

INTRODUCTION
CLASS SYNOPSIS
GearmanWorker GearmanWorker Methods o public bool GearmanWorker::addFunction (string $function_name, callable $function, [mixed &$context], [int $timeout]) o public bool GearmanWorker::addOptions (int $option) o public bool GearmanWorker::addServer ([string $host = 127.0.0.1], [int $port = 4730]) o public bool GearmanWorker::addServers (string $servers = 127.0.0.1:4730) o public void GearmanWorker::clone (void ) o public GearmanWorker::__construct (void ) o public bool GearmanWorker::echo (string $workload) o public string GearmanWorker::error (void ) o public int GearmanWorker::getErrno (void ) o public int GearmanWorker::options (void ) o public bool GearmanWorker::register (string $function_name, [int $timeout]) o public bool GearmanWorker::removeOptions (int $option) o public int GearmanWorker::returnCode (void ) o public bool GearmanWorker::setId (string $id) o public bool GearmanWorker::setOptions (int $option) o public bool GearmanWorker::setTimeout (int $timeout) o public int GearmanWorker::timeout (void ) o public bool GearmanWorker::unregister (string $function_name) o public bool GearmanWorker::unregisterAll (void ) o public bool GearmanWorker::wait (void ) o public bool GearmanWorker::work (void ) PHP Documentation Group GEARMANWORKER(3)