Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Egrep help needed?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Egrep help needed? Post 302748445 by tinku981 on Wednesday 26th of December 2012 01:01:19 AM
Old 12-26-2012
Also used egrep for other pattern:

$ grep -E 'SIG(STOP|TSIP)' reg_exp
SIGSTOP
SIGTSIP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

egrep -f

Hi, i am using egrep -f. The file with the expressions is very big and if i make the file a lot smaller, it works fine. Only if i use the original file, witch has about 20.000 lines it doesn't seem to work. Is the file to big, or do i need more patience?? my command is: egrep -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Egrep cheat sheet anywhere? Looking for meaning of egrep -c

Hi I've been searching google and have not found what egrep -c means. Does anyone know where I can get a cheat sheet or what that -c means? thanks, Linda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leelm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep

Hi, I don't understand what is the correct way of writing: egrep -l '{$min,$max} $pattern' $filename I tryed to search on google how to wtrite {$min, $max}, but I don't have success (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep help

Hi there, Im having some issues using egrep, I have a text file containing server logs: the user imputs 2 arguments, which are error checked and made into $searchMonth $searchYear respectivley. I then do the grep command: egrep /$searchMonth/ $file | egrep /$searchYear: | wc -l ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Darklight
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search ")" with egrep - egrep: syntax error

Hi Guys, we have a shell script which basically query the Database which retrieves huge data and use the data with "egrep" . Now there is some data which contains characters like "abc)" and the same is used like below : "egrep (.+\|GDPRAB16\|GDPR/11702 96 abc)\|$ temp.txt" now while... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarjani
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help on egrep

HI, I have two files filea, fileeb filea z283110z67 xx65686377 xx654681zz xx652836xx xx653881zz xx65480z11 xx654z5466 xx65510000 xx65670000 xx656z0000 xx656z1822 fileb (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krao
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep help needed

What does the below statement mean? 1. egrep -m 1 -cif "ignore_list" "file" 2. egrep -vif "ignore_list" "file" Thanks in Advance Robin. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robinbannis
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using egrep.

I have a text file which has the content starting with "....." Not able to filter out lines staring with "....." Is there anything wrong with grep stagement ?? .....processing table 2 of 2 .....migration process started at 2012-10-04 05:00:28 .....estimated # of rows 169,830... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep

Hi I am trying to run CMD that combining EGREP and PERL in multiple files cat *07:00.22-12-13.txt | egrep" NAME| perl -ne 'print if /^sid9/ .. /^!/' " I need the see the NAME and the text from sid9 to ! how can I use the EGERP in parallel to the PERL ? This is one file Qqq... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharong
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with egrep

Hello folks, I am having an issue with searching for a pattern using egrep (or grep). For ex, in the below file. I am searching for all files with a particular pattern but I am not able to figure out what the issue is? $ cat test.dat TEST_211815.TXT TEST_111915.TXT TEST_112015.TXT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calredd
2 Replies
ZGREP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep, zegrep, zfgrep -- print lines matching a pattern in gzip-compressed files SYNOPSIS
zgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [files ...] zegrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] zfgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] DESCRIPTION
zgrep runs grep(1) on files or stdin, if no files argument is given, after decompressing them with zcat(1). The grep-flags and pattern arguments are passed on to grep(1). If an -e flag is found in the grep-flags, zgrep will not look for a pattern argument. zegrep calls egrep(1), while zfgrep calls fgrep(1). EXIT STATUS
In case of missing arguments or missing pattern, 1 will be returned, otherwise 0. SEE ALSO
egrep(1), fgrep(1), grep(1), gzip(1), zcat(1) AUTHORS
Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> BSD
December 28, 2003 BSD