Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Assign SQL Query Results to Variables in Linux? Post 302748429 by Sravana Kumar on Wednesday 26th of December 2012 12:29:59 AM
Old 12-26-2012
RedHat How to Assign SQL Query Results to Variables in Linux?

Hi bipinajith

Thank you for quck reply...i have tried but i need the output like...

Code:
$PMFailureEmailUser=abcd@gmail.com,ssssss@gmail.com.com
$DBConnection_Bmd=Orcl
$$DBConnection_Bmd=Msg_ETL_Orcl
$$SOURCE_NAME='EMPLOYEE'
$$LOAD_TYPE='DELTA'
$$SUBJ_NAME=MICROSOFT
$$Script_Path=D:/PMRootDir/Scripts/CallProfile.sh
$$IS_TEMP_FLAG=N
$$Start_Task_Name=wkl_Map_PROCESS_LOG
$$Restart_Workflow=N
$$Param_File_Path=D:/PMRootDir/Param/masaga
$$Create_Param_Wf_Name=wf_Create_Paramfiles
$$Target_Schema_Type=C
$$Where_Clause=
$$Trgt_Load_Order=2

i need to assign each coloumn valuse to one variable like above and all these values need to append in one file (Param_Create.prm)...
i am trying with your previous example but i am getting error with '$$' symbols please tell me is there any other way we can concat that symobl to output result before appending to file...
Please help me on this....

Thx..Sravan

Last edited by Franklin52; 12-26-2012 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sql query results in unix shell script

Hi I want to get the a field from a SQL query into unix shell script variable. the whole situation is like this. 1. Opened a cursor to a table in DB2 databse. 2. Fetching individual rows with the help of cursor. 3. Each row has 4 fields. I want each of the field in individual shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set shell variables from SQLPLUS query results

Hi All, I needed to get the result of two sqlplus queris into shell variables. After days of looking for the ultimate solution to this problem.. i found this... sqlplus -s USER/PASS@DB <<EOF | awk '{if(NR==1) printf("%s ", $1); if(NR==2) printf("%s ", $1);}' | read VAR1 VAR2 set head off... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle Query results to be stored in variables

Hi I would like to know if there is a way to just have one ORACLE connection established, using which we can execute different queries and store the results under different variables. For e.g the following uses to two silent ORACLE connection to store the result under two different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokjaysiv
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle Query results to be stored in variables using unix

I want to store the sql query output into a variable #!/bin/ksh ORACLE_SID=DB01; export ORACLE_SID; export FILE_PATH=/home/asg/Tmp # Order Checking echo " removing old files " rm $FILE_PATH/Malformed_Order.txt echo " Enter the Malformed Order ....!" read orders echo "Regrade... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL/Plus in a coprocess example. Also saves query results into shell variables

While assisting a forum member, I recommended running SQL/Plus in a coprocess (to make database connections and run a test script) for the duration of his script rather than starting/stopping it once for every row in a file he was processing. I recalled I made a coprocess example for folks at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary_w
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Query Results to Variables

Hello, I am very new to shell scripting and I am not sure of how best to handle the following scenario. I need to query a list of values from a table. I need to store those results and use them to selectively delete values in yet another table in a separate database. I do know how to store the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flowervz
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store results of multiple sql queries in shell variables in ksh?

Hi, I have a script where I make a sqlplus connection. In the script I have multiple sql queries within that sqlplus connection. I want the result of the queries to be stored in shell variables declared earlier. I dont want to use procedures. Is there anyway else. Thanks in advance.. Cheers (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonchusirsa
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting values of 2 columns from sql query in UNIX variables

Hi, I have connected to oracle database with sqlplus -s / <<EOF select ename, age from emp where empid=1234; EOF I want to save the values of ename and age in unix shell variables. Any pointers would be welcome.. Thanks in advance!!1 Cheers :):):):) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gonchusirsa
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing the SQL results in array variables

Requirement 1) I need to execute 15 SQL queries in oracle through linux script. All these query results needs to be stored in array variables. Requirement 2) And these 15 queries needs to be executed in parallel. Requirement 3) Once all the queries executed then the shell script should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niranjancse
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign the Output of an SQL Query to a Variable?

Hi iam new to shell scripting how to declare variables as redshift query and I have to compare two counts by using if condition . ex:count=select count(*) from prd; select count(*) from prd; select count(*) from tag; can any one help me . Please use CODE tags when displaying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam526
1 Replies
MODBUS_READ_INPUT_RE(3) 					 Libmodbus Manual					   MODBUS_READ_INPUT_RE(3)

NAME
modbus_read_input_registers - read many input registers SYNOPSIS
int modbus_read_input_registers(modbus_t *ctx, int addr, int nb, uint16_t *dest); DESCRIPTION
The modbus_read_input_registers() function shall read the content of the nb input registers to address addr of the remote device. The result of the reading is stored in dest array as word values (16 bits). You must take care to allocate enough memory to store the results in dest (at least nb * sizeof(uint16_t)). The function uses the Modbus function code 0x04 (read input registers). The holding registers and input registers have different historical meaning, but nowadays it's more common to use holding registers only. RETURN VALUE
The modbus_read_input_registers() function shall return the number of read input registers if successful. Otherwise it shall return -1 and set errno. ERRORS
EMBMDATA Too many bits requested SEE ALSO
modbus_read_input_bits(3) modbus_write_register(3) modbus_write_registers(3) AUTHORS
The libmodbus documentation was written by Stephane Raimbault <stephane.raimbault@gmail.com[1]> NOTES
1. stephane.raimbault@gmail.com mailto:stephane.raimbault@gmail.com libmodbus 3.0.3 05/26/2012 MODBUS_READ_INPUT_RE(3)