Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Time outputs of wget command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Time outputs of wget command Post 302748279 by RudiC on Tuesday 25th of December 2012 05:31:09 AM
Old 12-25-2012
You might be using the shell's builtin time which doesn't bother to respect redirections. Try running /usr/bin/time instead.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

recording command outputs in background

For example: % ls /store > list.txt % less list.txt % 1.txt % 2.txt I want to execute 'ls' in verbose and store the result in background to 'list.txt' so i dont have to execute another command just to view the contents of the 'list.txt' % ls /store > list.txt % 1.txt % 2.txt %... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jehrome_rando
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with tee command to capture script outputs

function GetInput { print -n "Input" read input export INPUT=$input } export COMMAND="GetInput" $COMMAND echo "$INPUT" $COMMAND | tee -a Log.log echo "$INPUT" The first one without "tee" works fine. echo "$INPUT" displays the values I type in for input. The second... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthubharadwaj
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning variable from command outputs to shell

First, this is bash (3.2.17), on a Mac, 10.5.7. What I'm trying to do is look at a list of users, and check to see if each exists. If they do, do some more stuff, if they don't, drop them into an error file. So, my user list is: foo - exists bar - does not exist blah - does not exist ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: staze
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep/Awk WGet Time

I am trying to grep/awk how long it takes to get a page. I am trying to use the following command. time -p wget -q -O wget.tmp www.google.com 2>&1 | grep realThe problem is that my attempts to map stderr to stdout are being applied to wget not to time so all of the time output is displayed on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wstrater
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operating on each of the individual outputs of a command

ps -e -o pcpu,pid,cmd --sort pcpu | sed '/^ 0.0 /d'|awk '{print $2}'|grep -v PID Gives the output: 4482 4023 5912 I want to operate on each pid in the output. How to do so. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store multiple outputs from an awk command?

x=`echo $line | awk -F "|" '{print $1;print NR}'` How will I get the 2 return values ($1 and NR) from awk to variables? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tene
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

create outputs from other command outputs

hi friends, The code: i=1 while do filename=`/usr/bin/ls -l| awk '{ print $9}'` echo $filename>>summary.csv #Gives the name of the file stored at column 9 count=`wc -l $filename | awk '{print $1}'` echo $count>>summary.csv #Gives just the count of lines of file "filename" i=`expr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Reboot solaris box(What are all the command outputs)

Hi What are all the command outputs we have to note and keep it for safe before rebooting or shutting down a solaris box (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk giving different outputs each time

I have a strange issue. (awk '$3 == "nfs" { cnt++ }; END { print cnt }' /etc/fstab) This is giving different count each time. To test this, tried the one here -bash-3.2$ awk '/nfs/{print $2}' /etc/fstab | wc -l 151 -bash-3.2$ awk '/nfs/{print $2}' /etc/fstab | wc -l 145... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshmsi
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget takes a long time to complete

Hi, I wish to check the return value for wget $url. However, some urls are designed to take 45 minutes or more to return. All i need to check if the URL can be reached or not using wget. How can i get wget to return the value in a few seconds ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
OPENLOAD(1)						      General Commands Manual						       OPENLOAD(1)

NAME
openload - Tool for load testing of web applications SYNOPSIS
openload [options] url [clients] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the openload usage. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. openload is (currently) a commandline tool, easy to use and providing near real-time performance measurements of the application under test which is very usefull during optimizations. OPTIONS
openload uses the usual GNU command line syntax, but the options starting with one dash (`-'). To run this program it is necessary to set the PATH or URL under test. You can set the clients number after the URL, which is the number of simultanous clients to simulate, defaults to 5. A summary of options is included below. -t Test mode: No throughput measurements are done. However the full response from the webserver (including headers) is displayed. This is useful for verifying that you get the right content before executing the real test. In this mode the number of clients defaults to 1. -h Header value: Specifies a HTTP request header. You can use this option several times to specify several headers. The sentence is -h followed by the name of header and the quoted value, separated by spaces. E.g. openload -h User-Agent "MSIE 5.0" mysite.com -l Time limit: number of seconds. The test will only run for the specified number of seconds. The sentence is -l followed by number of seconds, separated by spaces. E.g. openload -l 10 mysite.com -o Output mode: Currently only CSV (comma seperated values) is supported. This is useful for importing the result in a spreadsheet. The fields are: Url, Number of clients, TPS (Transactions Per Second), Average response time (seconds), Maximum response time, Total number of requests. -v Verifier mode: (undocumented) -b Body request: The test just request body response from the test URL. E.g. openload -b mysite.com OUTPUT RESULTS
A description of output results is listing below. * MaTps: a 20 second moving average of TPS. * Tps: (Transactions Per Second) is the number of completed requests during that second. * Resp Time: the average response time in seconds for the elapsed second. * Err: the percentage of responses that was erronous, i.e. didn't return a HTTP 200 Ok staus. * Count: the total number of completed requests. * Total TPS is the average TPS for the whole run, i.e. (Total completed requests) / (Total elapsed time). * Avg. Response time: the overall average response time in seconds. * Max Response time: the highest response time during this run. ABORTING THE PROCESS
To abort the process just press Enter or return Key, or use the terminal interrupt key (usually Ctrl-C). SEE ALSO
For a complete description of data results see the README file. AUTHOR
openload was written by Pelle Johnsen <pelle.johnsen@mail.dk>. This manual page was written by Silvia Alvarez <sils@powered-by-linux.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). January 29, 2007 OPENLOAD(1)