Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Unable to connect to localhost in Debian 6? Post 302748251 by sachit adhikari on Tuesday 25th of December 2012 01:37:22 AM
Old 12-25-2012
Unable to connect to localhost in Debian 6?

Hello Everyone,

I have unable to run the default server with localhost in my Debian machine. While trying to run Django I get:
Code:
Error: That IP address can't be assigned-to.

error
While trying to run galaxy-dist I get this error:
Code:
socket.error: [Errno 99] Cannot assign requested address

I can't telnet or ping localhost(127.0.0.1)
My /etc/hosts file looks like this:
Code:
127.0.0.1	localhost
127.0.1.1	sachitad.localdomain	sachitad 
# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

How can I solve this issue? Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unable to connect to Internet

Hi friends recently i have installed SXDE 1/08 into my machine,and i installed wifi driver also its working fine,Recently i was unable to connect to Internet,I have not changed any configurations and any installations,thing is that i got my iwk0 interface is UP and IP address also and i can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas2828
6 Replies

2. Debian

Connect MySQL databse to debian

Hello, I wont to connect a MySQL database to debian: I have installed libmyodbc package and after i have configured /etc/odbcinst.ini: Description = MySQL driver Driver = /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc.so Setup = /usr/lib/odbc/libodbcmyS.so and /etc/odbc.ini : Description =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux31
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Debian - Connect To Informix Database

Can anyone point me toward information on setting up a Debian server ODBC connection to an Informix server? I have a Windows server set up with the Informix drivers in ODBC and I'd like to do the same thing on Debian so that my Rails apps can query the database beneath our call-logging software. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badmoon75
1 Replies

4. Debian

Connect Reliance netconnect data card in linux debian

Hi, I want to connect Reliance netconnect data card in linux - debian. I don't know which software needs to be install. can you please help me what is the software needs to be install to connect this datacard. I have connected this datacard in windows using the CD which is provided by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: latika
3 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Listening on localhost - cannot connect to host using port 3010

Hi Guys, my issue is - I have people connecting to my hosts from the outside world (for POC testing). There application listens on a port 3010 which is bound to the localhost. Using netstat -an | grep LISTEN it is the only port that is bound - ie: ftp, ssh etc listen on all interfaces. I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brian112
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Unable to connect SSH from HP-UX

Hi, I'm trying to connect from an HP-UX with SSH2 client(ssh2 3.1.2 on hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00) to an SSH2 server on a VxWorks system. The SSH connection is failing with the below connection logs: > /usr/local/bin/ssh2 -v -l testuser 10.10.10.10 debug: Ssh2/ssh2.c:1391: Using file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysafi
4 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to ping localhost

Hi all, I have gone through many posts related to this issue,but my issue wasn't resolved hence creating new thread. I am unable to ping localhost. ping localhost tries to ping localhost which is defined in DNS. My /etc/hosts has entry for localhost as 127.0.0.1 loopback localhost. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chpsam
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to connect Wireless

I have managed to install Broadcom BCM43228 Wireless adapter on a laptop running CentOS 5.9 using instructions at: wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Wireless/Broadcom I had the problem "Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A): SET failed on device... mentioned on the same page and solved... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooltoad
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to connect to internet

Hello, I just installed CentOS 7 (Server with GUI) and guess what I could install Virtual Box Guest additions without installing any extra package/software which is great news ! Now bad news or not so great news. My Host OS is Windows 10, Virtual Box is the virtualization software. CentOS7-1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemind2005
0 Replies

10. AIX

Unable to connect ASMI

After following the instructions given by resident moderator Bakunin over here https://www.unix.com/aix/279862-installed-memory-32gb-but-shows-only-16gb.html #1 Connect to ASMI #2 Configure the deconfigured memory #3 Start the machine OK, everything is fine, however now cannot connect to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies
EMPTY-PAGE(1)							 ExactImage Manual						     EMPTY-PAGE(1)

NAME
empty-page - empty page detector of the ExactImage toolkit SYNOPSIS
empty-page [option...] {-i | --input} input-file empty-page {-h | --help} DESCRIPTION
ExactImage is a fast C++ image processing library. Unlike many other library frameworks it allows operation in several color spaces and bit depths natively, resulting in low memory and computational requirements. empty-page counts dark pixels of a black and white image and decides with a threshold whether the page is most probably empty, and thus can be removed from the image processing stream. OPTIONS
-i file, --input file Read image from the specified file. -m n, --margin n Set width of border margin to skip. For speed reasons, the margin has to be a multiple of 8. The default is 16. -p x, --percentage x Set fraction of permissible dark pixels. The default is 0.05 (5%). -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXAMPLES
$ empty-page -i test.tif The image has 75461 dark pixels from a total of 1060992 (7.11231%). non-empty EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 if the image is mostly white, 1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
exactimage(7) AUTHORS
Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> Wrote this manual page for the Debian system. http://www.exactcode.de/site/open_source/exactimage/ This manual page incorporates texts found on the ExactImage homepage. COPYRIGHT
This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2. empty-page 09/09/2013 EMPTY-PAGE(1)