Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX variable to SQL statement Post 302748143 by raakeshr on Monday 24th of December 2012 10:33:02 AM
Old 12-24-2012
UNIX variable to SQL statement

The following is my script :

Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo "please give app_instance_id"
read app_instance_id
echo "id is $app_instance_id"
export app_id=app_instance_id
sqlplus -s nnviewer/lookup@//nasolora008.enterprisenet.org:1521/LOAD3 @test.sql<<EOF
SPOOL /home/tibco/MCH/Data/qa/raak/name.xls
SPOOL OFF
EXIT;
EOF

My sql file:

Code:
set linesize 300
set heading on
set pagesize 50
set feedback off
set echo off
select * from NSPL_561.CL1_APP_INSTANCE where APP_INSTANCE_ID=$app_id;

I want to pass the app_id values to the sql statement in sql file and export to excel.But when i try to execute it i am getting following error..kindly help.The APP_INSTANCE_ID datatype is number .

please give app_instance_id
Code:
id is 615317759
select * from NSPL_561.CL1_APP_INSTANCE where APP_INSTANCE_ID=$app_id
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00911: invalid character

Last edited by Scott; 12-24-2012 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: Please take the time to format your posts correctly

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql query variable not exactly unix

I know htis isnt exactly unix.... but hopefully someone can help me or direct me someplace to get help. I can run sql queries in scripts against my informix db using: dbaccess mydb myquery.sql >> sql.output I need to write my script to select based on todays date. Its very... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a Oracle SQL statement in a UNIX script

Hi All, I need to select one column from a table based upon the passed in parameter. I tried this: sqlplus -silent $MISP_USER << EOF set feedback off; set verify off; set sqlprompt "" SELECT mail_flag FROM dailyjobs WHERE job_name = '$1'; exit 0 EOF exit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass a variable to an update sql statement inside a loop

hi all, i am experiencing an error which i think an incorrect syntax for the where clause passing a variable was given. under is my code. sqlplus -s ${USERNAME}/${PASSWORD}@${SID} << END1 >> $LOGFILE whenever sqlerror exit set serveroutput on size 1000000 declare l_rc ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryukishin_17
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Unix Variable in a PL/SQL block

Hi, I have a unix varaible called as account which hold values which i want to use in a PL/SQL block in a shell script. This variable value is being used in multiple places in the PL/SQL block and i get an erroe whenenevr is use this varaible with $prompt. Help Urgently (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumi_mn
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to get the Unix variable value in the sql stmt

Hi All I have a requirement where in I am stuck. There is a shell script that is being developed by me. It consist of the sql stmt also. I need to export a variable called HOMEPAGE with a value say www.abc.com. and then use this $HOMEPAGE variable in the sql stmt. My ultimate aim is to fetch all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell command output to a sql statement

Can i do this Say one command sed 's/:*/ /g' $summf is returning C1234 C2345 C3434 some no of rows, now this ouput i have to insert it into a DB table how do i do this?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: depakjan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script with SQL statement problem

Hello, I have a script to get the information from database, however, it's look like the loop is not work, can someone help? :confused: echo Input file list to check: read filelist for file in 'cat $filelist.txt' do echo "select FILENAME from FILE_TABLE where filename like '${file}'%;" >>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL statement is not work on unix script

Hi, I have the following basic script. However, the statement (line 5) is not work. The output data is not able to set my request format a30. Any advise? :mad: echo " Column filename format a30"|sqlplus4 echo Input file list to check: read filelist for file in `cat $filelist.txt` do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happyv
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL output to UNIX variable

I have a sql statement , i need to assign to a variable in Unix sel count(*) AS num_files from TABLE_A; i need to use "num_files" in unix statements. let me know how to assign unix variable to above num_files (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nani1984
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Sqlplus - Capture the sql statement about to run and execution status

Greetings Experts, I am on AIX using ksh. Created a unix script which generates the CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW ... and GRANT .. statements, which are placed in a single .txt file. Now I need to execute the contents in the file (there are around 300 view creation and grant statements) in Oracle and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
4 Replies
escape(1)                                                       Mail Avenger 0.8.3                                                       escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)