Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to reattach a mirror?
Operating Systems Solaris How to reattach a mirror? Post 302747891 by brownwrap on Sunday 23rd of December 2012 03:28:19 PM
Old 12-23-2012
output of metadb -i

Code:
# metadb -i
        flags           first blk       block count
    M  m  p  lu         16              unknown         /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s7
    M     p  lu         8208            unknown         /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s7
    M W   p  l          16              unknown         /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s7
    M W   p  l          8208            unknown         /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s7
     a m   c luo        16              8192            /dev/dsk/c1t2d0s7
     a     c luo        8208            8192            /dev/dsk/c1t2d0s7
     a     c luo        16              8192            /dev/dsk/c1t3d0s7
     a     c luo        8208            8192            /dev/dsk/c1t3d0s7
     a     c luo        16              8192            /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s2
 r - replica does not have device relocation information
 o - replica active prior to last mddb configuration change
 u - replica is up to date
 l - locator for this replica was read successfully
 c - replica's location was in /etc/lvm/mddb.cf
 p - replica's location was patched in kernel
 m - replica is master, this is replica selected as input
 W - replica has device write errors
 a - replica is active, commits are occurring to this replica
 M - replica had problem with master blocks
 D - replica had problem with data blocks
 F - replica had format problems
 S - replica is too small to hold current data base
 R - replica had device read errors

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 12-23-2012 at 06:20 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Screen doesn't reattach

delete this (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kharlog
0 Replies

2. Solaris

mirror failed

i am working in sun solaris unix platform with storage device T3+ i got an error message mirror failed i have telneted to the storage and gave the command format it gives disk not available , i have shifted my storage from node A to node B then i gave the same command format by telneting to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasiprabu
0 Replies

3. AIX

Resizing VG with mirror

Dear Friends, I would like to know if there is any chance to expand a Volume Group, If this VG have a mirror. If there is any chance to do this what would be the safer way to avoid lost any data. Sorry about my English.:D Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrispaz
1 Replies

4. AIX

how to mirror raid5

Hi, I have an ssa filesystem to move to san. We don't want any downtime. I heard that you can do a mirroring of existing file system on the san. The file system is a type of either raid 0, raid 1, or raid 5. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance, itik (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

5. AIX

mirror rootvg

Hello I have a question I have a box with Aix 5.3 with rootvg on mirror. I deleted a filesystem and I create a new one to install some software but when I type lsvg -l rootvg all my filesystems has mirror unless the new one. My question is I can mirror this fs only ??? or I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

6. Solaris

ZFS Mirror versus Hardware Mirror

I've looked a little but haven't found a solid answer, assuming there is one. What's better, hardware mirroring or ZFS mirroring? Common practice for us was to use the raid controllers on the Sun x86 servers. Now we've been using ZFS mirroring since U6. Any performance difference? Any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lespaul20
3 Replies

7. Solaris

What is mirror and sub mirror in RAID -1 SVM

Hi , I am new to SVM .when i try to learn RAID 1 , first they are creating two RAID 0 strips through metainit d51 1 1 c0t0d0s2 metainit d52 1 1 c1t0d0s2 In the next step metainit d50 -m d51 d50: Mirror is setup next step is metaattach d50 d52 d50 : submirror d52 is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Mirror patching

HI Friends.... kindly explain os mirror patching?in SVM and Vxvm. :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies
create replica(1m)														create replica(1m)

NAME
create replica - Creates a replica of an existing directory in the specified clearinghouse SYNOPSIS
cdscp create replica directory-name clearinghouse clearinghouse-name ARGUMENTS
The full name of the directory. The full name of the clearinghouse in which you want to create the replica. DESCRIPTION
The create replica command creates a replica of an existing directory in the specified clearinghouse. Privilege Required You must have administer permission to the directory you intend to replicate and write permission to the clearinghouse that stores the new replica. The server principal needs read, write, and administer permission to the directory you intend to replicate. NOTES
This command is usually executed only by the network configuration procedure. To ensure that all replicas are consistent, perform an imme- diate skulk of the parent directory after issuing this command. This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command creates a replica of the /.:/mfg directory in the clearinghouse /.:/Paris_CH. cdscp> create replica /.:/mfg clear- inghouse /.:/Paris1_CH RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: delete replica(1m), show replica(1m) create replica(1m)