Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Moving files based on file creation Post 302747751 by RudiC on Saturday 22nd of December 2012 03:02:50 PM
Old 12-22-2012
Try
Code:
find /path/to/source1 -type f -mtime +30 | grep -vf dont_move.txt| xargs -I{} echo mv -t /path/to/BKP1 \"{}\"

As your file names contain spaces, you will need to fiddle around with the escaped double quotes around the final {}. Remove echo as you see command fit your needs.

Last edited by RudiC; 12-22-2012 at 04:09 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving files based on creation date

Howdy, I'm trying to figure out how to move multiple files based on their creation date. If anyone can enlighten me it would be most appreciated!! Thanks! :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dgoyea
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files based on year of creation

Hi All, I have a directory which has crores of files since from 2003 till now. I want to move only the 2003 files to another directory. Please help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IHK
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy files based on creation timestamp

Dear friends.. I have the below listing of files under a directory in unix -rw-r--r-- 1 abc abc 263349631 Jun 1 11:18 CDLD_20110603032055.xml -rw-r--r-- 1 abc abc 267918241 Jun 1 11:21 CDLD_20110603032104.xml -rw-r--r-- 1 abc abc 257672513 Jun 3 10:41... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving files based on condition

hi i have to move files and send an email and attached the bad files to inform the developer about that. #!/bin/ksh BASE_DIR=/data/SrcFiles cd $BASE_DIR ## finding the files from work directory which are changed in 1 day find -type f -name "*.csv" –ctime 0 > /home/mydir/flist.txt ##... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: awais290
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Moving multiple files based on the pattern

I want to search for a particular file name patterns and move them to a specific folder, is it possible to do it with awk or sed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script moving files based on date

Hi, I need a script that moves files based on date to a folder. The folder should be created based on file date. Example is : Date file name ----- -------- Oct 08 07:39 10112012_073952.xls Oct 09 07:39 10112012_073952.xls Oct 10 07:39 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockingvj
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files based on file name

Hi All, I have multiple files in the folder, I want to move those files into the other folder on based of name File names: Template_server1_01==> Template_server1_02==>To one directory /Server1 Template_server1_03==> Template_server2_01==> Template_server2_02==>To one... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving old files based on pattern

Hi all I am trying to loop through a directory of files using a given search pattern. some of the files will be duplicated due to the pattern, but of the duplicate files i wanted to move the older files to another location. Is there any straightforward way of doing this ? One of ways I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sthapa
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne returning files based on creation date

I'm wanting to write a bourne shell script that takes in two command line arguments - a directory and a file. With this I want to return a list of files within the directory that are older (based on creation date) than the given file, and print the number of files that have not been listed (they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: britty4
4 Replies
crontab(5)							File Formats Manual							crontab(5)

Name
       crontab - clock daemon table file

Syntax
       /usr/lib/crontab

Description
       The  command  executes  at  specified dates and times according to the instructions in the file. The file consists of lines with six fields
       each.  The format for a line is as follows:

minute hour day month weekday command

The following list defines each field in the line:

minute (0-59)  The exact minute that the command sequence executes.

hour (0-23)    The hour of the day that the command sequence executes.

day (1-31)     The day of the month that the command sequence executes.

month (1-12)   The month of the year that the command sequence executes.

weekday (1-7)  The day of the week that the command sequence executes. Monday = 1, Tuesday = 2, and so forth.

command	      The complete command sequence variable that is to be executed.  Note that the command string must conform  to  Bourne  shell
		      syntax.

The first five integer fields may be specified as follows:

o   A single number in the specified range

o   Two numbers separated by a minus, meaning a range inclusive

o   A list of numbers separated by commas, meaning any of the numbers

o   An asterisk meaning all legal values

The sixth field is a string that is executed by the shell at the specified times.  A percent sign (%) in this field is translated to a new-
       line character.	Only the first line of the command field, up to a percent sign (%) or end of line, is executed by the  shell.	The  other
       lines are made available to the command as standard input.

Examples
       The following example is part of a file:
       # periodic things
       0,15,30,45 * * * * (echo '^M' `date`; echo '') >/dev/console
       0,15,30,45 * * * * /usr/lib/atrun

# daily stuff
       5 4 * * * sh /usr/adm/newsyslog
       15 4 * * * ( cd /usr/preserve; find . -mtime +7 -a -exec rm -f {} ; )
       20 4 * * * find /usr/msgs -mtime +21 -a ! -perm 444 -a ! -name bounds
	    -a -exec rm -f {} ;

# NOTE: The above line is wrapped.

# local cleanups
       30 4 * * * find /usr/spool/mqueue -type f -mtime +5 -name df-exec rm {} ;
       35 4 * * * find /usr/spool/mqueue -type f -mtime +5 -name tf-exec rm {} ;
       40 4 * * * find /usr/spool/rwho -type f -mtime +21 -exec rm {} ;
       #

# redirecting error output
       0 17 * * 1,3,5 /bin/tar -cv /usr/sysads/smith > /dev/console 2>&1
       #

Files
See Also
       sh(1), cron(8)
       Guide to System Environment Setup

crontab(5)